Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Baby Blanket I

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Blanket I

Hello ladies,
    Cruz here, I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner I was busy with my granddaughter's wedding.
    I am not sure of the name of these patterns they are for baby blankets that I would like to make; wondering if any one has any info.

Baby Blanket I-baby-blanket-1-jpgBaby Blanket I-ruth-photo-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The second one looks like they are using some sort of shell stitch. Here is something very similar to the second one:

Baby Blanket In Shells and Clusters

Post Thanks / Like
    Still looking for something like the first one. Maybe someone else can help as well. It looks very familiar to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Barbara G,
    Thank you very much for the information! I looked at the pattern but it looks hard for me! I am going to give it a try. Thanks again! May GOD Bless.
    Cruz

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to share this pattern with you. I just finished making a baby blanket with it. It is a very easy pattern, but turns out very pretty and looks more complicated than it is to make. Just my kind of project, lol. It is a version of the shell stitch, with a row of double crochet in between. Here is the link:

Easy Afghan to Crochet - Classically Simple Shell - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

It was for a baby boy. I made it in some off-white/ivory yarn I had, and then added a shell border all the way around in baby blue. The new mom just loved it!

By the way, and this is just my personal preference - I wouldn't make the first example (the pink one) for a baby blanket. I think there are too many holes and spaces in it. The baby would tend to get their little fingers caught in the blanket.
    Last edited by buggainok; 08-16-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama