Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: getting old

Post Thanks / Like

getting old

Well here I am ... by myself, playing Spider Solitaire on my deck...on a Sunday afternoon!. I called my friend and she was going to 2 movies today with another friend. She invited me but I told her I couldn't afford it today. It costs at least $10 for popcorn, soft drink and movie for each one, maybe more, and besides I didn't have the car then.(I do now). My son #3 came and did some yard work early this AM and the left to take his family somewhere , swimming, canoeing or hiking or something. Son #1 was here for a while and left with his (X-wife, now girl friend or what ever ... I don't know what to call her. At least I know her name! We do have a very good relationship with one another. I love her so much and glad they are back together. They were going swimming. No one, except my friend, asked me if I would like to go. What I am saying, I guess, is that you know you are getting OLD when you start spending time alone and no one asks you what you would like to do today or invite you to come with them. I really am trying not to complain since hiking or canoeing wouldn't be very good for me since I can't walk very far without getting tired or my back starting to give out. I just wish I was young again!! Or at least YOUNGER! I think maybe I will go to the Dollar movie before 5:00 today all by myself and treat myself to some popcorn! AND HOLD MY OWN HAND!...since there will be no one else to hold it!!! Ha ha funny! Now I feel all better!!! Yep!! I am going to go to the dollar movie right now!! (((hugs))) to all you OLD ones out there! redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 08-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: Do you play Free Cell? I love that on the computer! Hubby is crawling under the house with his dew rag on for motorcycle riding, to keep his hair clean. He is trying to wire his ham radio antenna into the house. You know, we both read a lot, play games on the computer, I crochet and he does whatever. I seem to have all kinds of puttering to do as I am sure you do too. I know when he worked here and I lived in Seattle for 1 1/2 years, Sundays seemed like the longest day to me.

My problem is that I really don't like going to movies but it would be nice to be asked!!!! My daughter and her family do a lot with B's dad. He has a swimming pool so they usually go there nights and weekends. They don't like to come here because we don't have a huge TV, video games, etc. They celebrate birthdays and holidays all together but again we are not asked. We only live 15 minutes away. It is indeed a weird feeling and I guess it is what it is. So hubby and I just do our thing. I try not to let it bother me but frankly it does so I know exactly how you feel. We are not exactly social butterflies either!

Hope you saw a good movie and the popcorn was good! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, I'm so sorry Patty! If I was there we'd definitely do something, even if it's wrong!!! hehehe I hope you enjoyed the movie, I haven't been in a good while....money is very very tight right now...as usual. I don't get asked to do much either....and I'm only 54!! But I have Fibromyalgia and that throws people off when I have to stop and rest, or have to find somewhere to sit down etc. Anyway, enough of my pity party lol.

How old are the grandkids? Maybe they could bring their own video games....just a thought. Oh, another thing you could do is ask them over for dinner and then ask them to pick up chicken on the way. ~snickers~ At least that would be a way to get them to come visit with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Patty: Do you play Free Cell? I love that on the computer! Hubby is crawling under the house with his dew rag on for motorcycle riding, to keep his hair clean. He is trying to wire his ham radio antenna into the house. You know, we both read a lot, play games on the computer, I crochet and he does whatever. I seem to have all kinds of puttering to do as I am sure you do too. I know when he worked here and I lived in Seattle for 1 1/2 years, Sundays seemed like the longest day to me.

My problem is that I really don't like going to movies but it would be nice to be asked!!!! My daughter and her family do a lot with B's dad. He has a swimming pool so they usually go there nights and weekends. They don't like to come here because we don't have a huge TV, video games, etc. They celebrate birthdays and holidays all together but again we are not asked. We only live 15 minutes away. It is indeed a weird feeling and I guess it is what it is. So hubby and I just do our thing. I try not to let it bother me but frankly it does so I know exactly how you feel. We are not exactly social butterflies either!

Hope you saw a good movie and the popcorn was good! Love, Shirley
    Well Shirley I didn't end up at the dollar movie because it was half over and wouldn't start again until 5:30. I didn't want to wait so I started to walk in the mall and smelled the MCL Cafeteria and went in and ate a beef manhattan. Then I started home and instead of passing up the Family Video store which is right on my way I stopped and rented 8 movies at 2 for $1.00 not due back until midnite Friday nite. My belly is full and I will put a movie in and probably fall asleep and ruin my nite's sleep for tonight. Shoulda gone to the other movie with my friends! And I spent my money anyway!!! Talk to ya later, redhead/Patty PS too stuffed for popcorn now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: But you did it your way!!!!! And picked your own movies. I don't even know how to put a DVD in to watch. That is pretty bad huh! The grandkids came over this afternoon and I had a good time with them. Tom gets pretty frustrated with the noise and the kiddie shows, but Oh Well!!! He has to deal with it. Rest well and you can always rewind the movie in the AM. HAHA. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Add on to "Getting Old" .... I guess I had part of that wrong... son #1 (with grandkids ages 6 to 13) was at home today and I didn't know it. They didn't go canoeing or hiking either. They stayed home and I would have gone and visited with them had I known that since I had the car after my other son left with his girl. And My friend called me after they got home and asked me is I wanted to come over but I was too sleepy then and she was tired too so we stayed put. I may go visit with her tomorrow. Guess I was just feeling kinda lost . Do you get that way too sometimes?
    I fixed a small bag of popcorn later this evening and watched a movie here at home. And Shirley, yes I like to play free cell but haven't in a while. I really don't like board games much tho. Anyway I am over my lonesome feeling now. There is a game on my tablet called "What's That Saying" that I like to play and there are different levels of skill in it. You have to figure out the saying before it will let you go to the next puzzle. There is a cheat sheet for it so you won't get totally stuck if you can't figure it out. Then there's "Word Search" too. I enjoyed sitting out o the deck earlier today and watching the humming birds and I feed the wildbirds too. There's a feeder hanging on the deck. They come and feed at with me sitting still on the deck. It was not hot at all today and the temp was just right ...not cold or hot . I just got tired of sitting after a while. I am crocheting a rose in a square now as I am watching a movie and then I am going to bed soon. Talk to you all tomorrow. HELLO!!!! LANDON!!!!!! ARE YOU STILL OUT THERE????? I AM MISSING YOU!!!! XOXOXOXOXO redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 08-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: I do have that kind of lost feeling sometimes. Tom is still working and so it is me and Lola all day. I had worked for many many years and so some days I feel like I should be doing something more worthwhile. I am glad you made some popcorn and watched a movie. I play Every Word and Every Word Crossing and like them. I go back and forth with Free Cell and then I play Candy Crush and Bubble Mania on my phone!!!! Keeps the brain working? HAHA. I am heading to bed too pretty soon. May read a bit first! Have a good night's sleep. Talk to you tomorrow!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Patty: I do have that kind of lost feeling sometimes. Tom is still working and so it is me and Lola all day. I had worked for many many years and so some days I feel like I should be doing something more worthwhile. I am glad you made some popcorn and watched a movie. I play Every Word and Every Word Crossing and like them. I go back and forth with Free Cell and then I play Candy Crush and Bubble Mania on my phone!!!! Keeps the brain working? HAHA. I am heading to bed too pretty soon. May read a bit first! Have a good night's sleep. Talk to you tomorrow!! Shirley
    Just came home a little while ago and am so sleepy. I stayed overnite with my friend and went to the doctor with her this AM. Had the best supper i've had in a while. At her house, we had meat loaf, fresh corn cut off the cob, BIG slices of tomatoes bigger than from the store, cottage cheese, potatoes fixed with the meat loaf, cucumber and onion in vinegar some way and I made a dump cake with raspberry pie filling and pineapple in the cake with ice cream on top! Very yummy , everything. She has me come over every once in a while for supper and usually we have meat loaf or beef roast. She is a good cook. She goes to the doctor with me and I go with her to her doctor and usually stay all night when we do that. I am going to put another movie in now and probably go to take a nap. Had a really good time visiting and laughing with her and her husband last night. The ice cream for the cake was his idea. So he went out and got some before we ate any cake. Talk to you later. She asked me to come back tonight and eat some of the left-overs so maybe I will. XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 08-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: Sounds like a wonderful dinner and lovely company! It is really fun to do that every now and then! I love to make dump cake too. FIL loved meatloaf so I always made it when they came to visit. He liked rhubarb too and I would cook that up with Sweet and Low cuz he had diabetes and he loved it. Glad you had such a nice time and by all means, go back for leftovers! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Understand you completely as I'm in the same boat so hugs dear lady & enjoy the movie.

11. Likes bettybee10 liked this post