Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everybody!

Hello. I am a beginning crocheter and would love some tips or ideas for easy projects. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Welcome to CT. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and some full afghans for a boy's ranch. You might check out the forums for patterns, links and resources, etc. to see all the ideas people have posted. A single crochet baby blanket is an easy starting project: chain the number of stitches for the length, say 82, turn, ch 1 in 1st sc and then sc in each sc in the chain. Continue until the width is what you want. You could also turn, ch 2 in 1st sc and dc in each sc in chain. Turn, ch 2, dc in each dc or dc in the back loop only. Very easy and goes fast and builds confidence.

I am sure others will jump in and give you lots of other ideas! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. If you are beginner, I think it's important to start small, so you can finish something and feel a sense of accomplishment. I never advise anyone who is new to crocheting to jump in and try to make huge afghan.

How about getting some Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. It's reasonably priced and comes in lovely colors. Then you can crochet a couple of dishcloths. They are pretty and useful. Here is a link to a simple easy pattern:

Ribbed Crochet Dishcloth by Wendy squires
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. I would agree that dishcloths are the best place to start. And, with winter not that far away, depending on where you are, scarves are an easy thing to start. There are many great yarns for scarves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette and Trude: I think your suggestion for dishcloths is an excellent one to start with. I was thinking small blanket but I agree with dishcloths. Good job girls! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

We are glad you are here with us! Please make yourself right at home and let us know if you have need of anything! We have a lot of different ideas listed in the Links and Resources section of our site that you might want to take some time to look at.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest a scarf-I think dishcloths are boring. Allfreecrochet.com has a great many scarf patterns. Just keep hooking and you will get the hang of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have already made a scarf. A dishcloth could be a good idea though.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are tons of patterns for dishcloths. If you buy the Sugar and Cream yarn there is often a pattern on the wrapper. In fact the first granny square I made came from a wrapper. It was for a granny dish cloth.