Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Question mixing parts of patterns

Is it wrong to let's say take the pattern for feet and hands of one pattern add to the legs and arms of another to even add to another for the body and head one?
    I have done this before,but then feel so guilty afterwards like I broke some law or rule! So before staring a new project I'm asking is this allowed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can do anything you want with a pattern/patterns. Someone else may chime in with some other info. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see a problem with creating your own version of a pattern by mixing and matching. Don't think you should feel guilty about it.

4. Likes Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Whatever you come up with mixing and matching, is fine.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I most always mix and match, sewing or crocheting. I seldom follow a pattern exactly as it's written, no fun in that

Post Thanks / Like
    Do what ever you want, that is how new patterns come to be. I have done the same thing myself and I love doing it. It is fun and you get a huge sense of accomplishment when finished. For me that is one of the best things about crocheting is the ability of mixing it all up.

Judi G

9. Likes Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what I do all the time? I am doing one now? I don't read/understand patterns well at most time. in oder to make 'things' result come out . I need to do something to make it? so here I go digging my brain and hook try on every/any which way I know how to whip out something? anything? many of my square turn into something else - no longer square because they did not turn out to be square at the first place? (I hate to trash/toss anything if I can help) = I am also a garbage collector

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that!!! I consider a pattern a "good place to start" LOL!!!

12. Likes Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you worried about copyright? Other than that, I can't see any reason to feel guilty. And you don't need to worry about copyright, either. The only thing that can be copyrighted is the way a pattern is written, and even this is murky, since there's only but so many ways to write a pattern and someone could come up with the same thing without ever having seen the other. So crochet away, do as you please, and, if it helps your guilt, if you post pictures, mention the patterns you used.

14. Likes billieconrad, Lissacc, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just go for it! Normal is soooooo boring! imalefty

16. Likes boodamomx6, Lissacc, DinahRoberts liked this post