Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi Everybody!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everybody!!

I think I actually got it right this time and joined. Computers are not always my best friend. But I am 'hooked'-to coin a phrase on all the info on crafts I have found.
    I do have a question from anybody out there! I have been crocheting most of my life. And I'm a grandma, but I have never been able to learn how to do the 'Tunisian' stitch.. Years ago I heard that the tunisian stitch is the one you use if you want to do 'crossstitch' ON it..
    I don't know about getting that advanced in it. For know I would like to just learn the stitch.. I've gotten books, but they don't seem to help. I have tried a few tutorials on you tube, but can't keep up because of not being able to see everything they are actually doing.
    Well, before I start writing a novel here, I basically wanted to say hi, and ask around about my problem. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaving Willow View Post
    I think I actually got it right this time and joined. Computers are not always my best friend. But I am 'hooked'-to coin a phrase on all the info on crafts I have found.
    I do have a question from anybody out there! I have been crocheting most of my life. And I'm a grandma, but I have never been able to learn how to do the 'Tunisian' stitch.. Years ago I heard that the tunisian stitch is the one you use if you want to do 'crossstitch' ON it..
    I don't know about getting that advanced in it. For know I would like to just learn the stitch.. I've gotten books, but they don't seem to help. I have tried a few tutorials on you tube, but can't keep up because of not being able to see everything they are actually doing.
    Well, before I start writing a novel here, I basically wanted to say hi, and ask around about my problem. Thanks!
    I think one of the best teachers on Youtube is Crochet Geek. Here videos are very well done, and she goes slowly and tells you every step. She has all sorts of videos for everything crochet.

Here is a link to her video about Tunisian Crochet:

If you don't want to watch it on this forum, just go to Youtube, and type in Crochet Geek tunisian in the search bar, and that will bring it up.

Hope it helps you.

Annette
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning: Nice to hear from you Weaving Willow. We have a good time and always there is someone who can answer your specific questions. Have a good day. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have books that teach tunisian crochet too but I've been too busy to even try it yet. I hope that video helps you lots! Welcome to our group and I hope you really enjoy it here!!!
    There is also a crochet group for just tunisian crochet on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/groups/tunisian-crochet maybe they can help also. I joined it a few days ago but haven't been back there yet because I'm so addicted to this group and the great bunch of people here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome! I learned the Tunisian crochet a while ago and it really is not that hard to do once you watch the video a few times. My problem was I couldn't get my tension right and it looked like an hour glass. LOL But I didn't take the time to practice with it to get it right. It is easy to cross stitch on.
    Good luck to you and I agree that crochet geek is one of the best video teachers to watch.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    There is an article on Tunisian crochet in the "Crochet Today" Sept/Oct 2013 magazine that I picked up the other day. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here on site with us! Please make yourself at home and also let us know if you have need of anything!