Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

New to posting, been lurking for a while

Hi, I'm Kathy (in college my friends called me Kat, hence, the screen name). I learned to crochet from my grandmother many years ago, however, I crocheted very seldom when I was teaching - not enough time. Now that I'm retired, I've picked it up again. I have some health issues that limit my activity, so crocheting is a great comfort.

Since I've been back crocheting, I've learned many new stitches and techniques. Crochet Geek (on Youtube) and All Free Crochet have been my main sources. I love learning new things, so I will be looking for ideas.

2. Likes Weebea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Kat!
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcom Kat,

You fit right in with many of us....retired, with health issues keep us from doing what we once did. Glad to have you here, and glad to hear you have found Youtube for help. I love it and use it often.

Looking forward to having you here with us.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kat: I agree with Judi! I broke my hip last August and have been a crocheting fool since then. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and want to try some other things too!!!! Welcome and chime in any time. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kat. Same as you I learned from my grandmother (when I was 8). I taught high school Math for 30 years (no crochet). I retired 5 years ago and my family says I am a crochet "beast". What did you teach? This is a great place for patterns, web sites, great idea generating pictures, and best of all friends who like to do the same things we do. Welcome and many more happy lurking sessions.

Annette