Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: donated yarn

Post Thanks / Like

donated yarn

Hi everybody. How could I go about getting some donated yarn. Our in-laws just totally lost their house to a fire today. Would like to make them some afghans!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can put ads up in stores, laundermats, etc. Ask on Freecycle. Check out Craigslist. I have found yarn using all of these. Also check out yard sales, etc. You can sometimes find yarn real cheap. Good Luck.

EDIT: I forgot about churches. This is a good place to check also as suejoycetn mentioned. I received yarn one time from a church member at a local church. WabashWoman mentioned Goodwill, SA and thrift stores. Most of these are good sources too. I know you would probably prefer donated as it doesn't cost anything but check out these other places too. I have found almost full skeins of yarn for as little as 50 cents a skein. Good Luck.
    Last edited by KathyL.; 08-02-2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Additional information

3. Likes SweetARoma, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Check Goodwill, Salvation Army and other thrift stores in your area. That is how I keep my yarn stash going.

5. Likes KathyL., SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry about their lost, my inlaws lost their home to a fire and they were in their upper 60's near 70 years old and they never got over it. Maybe local churches with prayer shawl ministries would be willing to share their yarn or make some afghans for them.

7. Likes KathyL., DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By word-of- mouth, let friends, relatives, associates, any social network that you participate in and the previously mentioned people can mention to others in the same manner. Contact social clubs that do charity work: Business and Professional Women's Club(former member) in your area. May God richly bless you and your project!(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

9. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What they really need is a "love" shower. Maybe the churches in the area could get together and share things they have. They really have to start over. My father in law got out of the house in PJ's and slippers. He didn't even have a pair of socks or shoes to his name. If everyone donates a little like silverware, dishes, towels, I'm sure people would rise to the occassion.

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post