Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!

I'm 27 years old and I live in Knoxville, TN.

I'm just now getting really into crocheting! My mother taught me the general basics when I was a kid, but I never really got into it.

Now 15 years later, I found the reason that I could never really get into it was because I'm a hands on visual learner so in order for me to actually crochet anything I have to watch video patterns.

I have been having so much fun now that I found a way to actually learn to make great things!

I wanted to share my little beginnings to the craft and say hello to all!
    Last edited by Firepxy; 07-31-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi firepxy!!! I'm glad you joined us here! I am 54 with three grandchildren and have been crocheting since I was about 8 or so. I've learned a lot from watching videos on u tube also. Maybe you could post some pictures of your creations when you get the chance. We just love to know what others are working on or have finished. Have a great time here!
    Hugs,
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Firepxy, welcome aboard. I can tell you are excited about crocheting, and that's great. It is a fun hobby to have. I crocheted some when my kids were small, but didn't crochet for many years. I rediscovered it when I retired and have been enjoying creating things.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am addicted to doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Larisa, I've honestly not tried my hand at making a doilie yet, I'm still in the easy/beginner stage of my skills. I'd like to get there one day.
    Last edited by Firepxy; 08-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I went ahead and posted some pictures of my things in the Photos section!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will check the photos section to see what you posted! Welcome to CT. I am 66, retired and have four grandchildren, 7,6,5,4. I did a lot of handwork when my children were younger and sewed a bunch for them. Last August I broke my hip and started crocheting like crazy. Now I mostly crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. We are glad to have you here! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I had never heard of Project Linus, I just looked it up, that is an amazing cause! I'll have to create something for that project as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a wonderful charity and I have made a lot of blankets for them. You might see if there is a PL group in your area because it is nice to see what the others are making. We just meet the 2nd Thurs of the month and bring projects to work on. Some people bring their sewing machines and work on their quilts. There are also in our group those who like to do binding, cutting etc. The fellowship is wonderful too. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really neat, I'm looking over the site right now, for my area, they have a Facebook community, so far i'm not seeing any king of get together, but I'm gonna keep an eye on there stuff now. I love making stuff for other people, so far I haven't kept a single thing I've made. I make for all my friends and family right now. :D