Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello

Just joined your site. think that it will be helpful when I get a problem. Just got back into crocheting when my husband asked if it was possible to make some new potholders. Well. that got me started. I have made dozens of potholders and now afghans for my college grandchildren. Thanks again and I am looking forward to using your site often.

Post Thanks / Like
    momjoan,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is nice to meet you! My name is Barbara and I am from Oklahoma. Where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi momjoan
    Welcome to the forum!
    I have been thinking about doing potholders since the ones I have are so shabby, lol! What stitch do you recommend doing them in and do you use a double yarn in order to make them thick enough to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    For potholders, I always use cotton yarn like Sugar and Cream. I small ball of yarn will make 1 potholder. Must use cotton as acrylic will melt if it gets too close to the heat;plus they go in the washer and dryer just fine. I use the pattern on www.mielkesfuberarts.com for the double thick pot holder. I do use 35-40 in the starting chain to make a little bigger potholder to accommadate my husbands bigger hands. Quick and easy to take along on any kind of journey. have fun!!!

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response momjoan.
    Good tip about using cotton instead of acrylic.
    That's an interesting pattern, too.
    Thanks!