Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone!

I hope this isn't a repeat of what I thought I had already done. I think my first post got lost in transit.
    So.
    I am left handed. Not a leftie, and not a south paw.
    I started life as a knitter, but could not get the hang of purling. You absolutely have to purl if you are going to knit. And, so a crocheter was born.
    I have been crocheting about 4 years. I am self taught. I don't hold my hook correctly, and my fingers don't wrap the yarn. I throw the yarn.
    I love making baby items. Hats. Booties. Sweaters. Bibs. I give them away, because I don't have any babies of my own, nor any grand babies yet.
    I also like to use up yarn to make pet beds for our local animal shelter. They do such good work.
    There is a more to me, but I imagine you all don't want to read a book.
    I am happy and excited to be here.

Trude

P.S. OOPs I am 57 and live in North Central Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: You got it girl! Using up yarn to make pet beds is so awesome. I did not even think about that. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and some full afghans too.

I am also left handed, but when I taught high school Home Ec one of my students showed me how to crochet right handed, so that is what I do. I have done knitting, cross stitch, sewing kids clothes, hubby shirts, slips and panties using tricot fabric years ago but I love crocheting. I don't like knitting because of the purling too, but also that you have to count so strictly! Am very lazy about that.

It is nice to meet you Trude and hopefully you will chat away with us! Shirley

3. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Trude! I, too, am self-taught about most everything. Love, love Youtube for that reason. You can learn how to do anything on Youtube, lol.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Trude! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. I have already had so much fun here. I checked different places yesterday and read some of the conversations that were going on. You guys are such teases, and I enjoyed reading it. I am a tease too, so once I get to know you all watch out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come to our chat - you ll meet nice ladies there besides me
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the crochet forums! We are excited to have you here in the forums! Thanks for posting an introduction and please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming. Is it OK to post pictures of my latest projects, or should I wait til I have been here awhile.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trude View Post
    Thank you. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming. Is it OK to post pictures of my latest projects, or should I wait til I have been here awhile.?
    Oh yes, please post. We love pictures! I've been inspired to make things when I saw the pictures of what someone made.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: Yes, post pics soonest!!! Shirley