Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello! Introducing myself...

Hi all,

I am new to this site/forum. A 'novice' at crochet, I was taught by my Grandma....a long time ago. I do simple projects but like to attempt those a little bit above my comfort level at times. Glad to be here. Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie: Welcome to CT. I am 66, retired and have four grandchildren. I mostly crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and some full afghans too. I am working on a shawl that DorisAnn posted called Free Patterns. It is fun and a little different for me, and not hard at all. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again, Shirley,
    Thank you for your kind reply. I am 56, soon to be 57. I have 4 daughters. One graduated from college, one starting college this fall, and identical twins in their last year of high school! Pray for me...better add my husband too...poor guy....living with 5 women!! I crochet mostly for fun and to make afghans as gifts....small stuff...Don't have a clue how my grandmother crocheted all those Barbie Doll dresses!!! Boy she was GOOD!! and the doilies she made were so lovely!
    Shaping and consistency are my weak points....but I enjoy it anyway. Can you suggest any easy but pretty house-slippers? Keep crocheting! Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie: Someone posted Sat. or Sun. about making slippers for everyone who was involved in karate so they could take their shoes off there but I can't remember who that was. Let me think about it more! You might just make a post and ask if anyone has house-slipper patterns? That is the easiest way to get people to chime in, and they will!

I was never good with small things like Barbie clothes or doilies; so I stick to baby blankets!!!!

I know what you mean, there were four of us girls + mother and one boy in my family and my father was like so overwhelmed with all the girls!

I am so glad you have joined us. shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello my name is roberta I am from lakewood NY . I am looking for patterns to crochet of fall flowers . I am making a bouquet for my daughter . big order it is a first time i have made one but have crocheted for about 20 years Im self taught .. If you could help me i would appreceate the help thank you for listening to me . love all of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum Debbie! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! It is great to have you here with us! Thanks for joining us and you are welcome to make yourself at home!