Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Best way to block a project

Good Morning Everyone!

I have never blocked anything before and need some advice. I have made shawls, baby sweaters, and tons of blankets but never saw the need to block.
    However ...on my Lacy Summertime Tunic, I think this will need blocking. It is made from Peaches & Creme cotton and seems too condensed. I know that I am a tight crocheter, but this does stretch out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they block items?
    Here is a picture from the pattern of the tunic.
    Attached Images Attached Images Best way to block a project-lacy-summertime-tunic-jpg 
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri: I thought I wrote to you but it must have gone into crocheter space!!! I hate that!!! I know that you dampen the piece, and either lay it on a bed with towels or a sheet or ? under it and then arrange it as you want it. I am sure other gals will jump on here with better information.

Glad you are going out for dinner! Hope you have a good time. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old cutting board for fabric. I pin the item according to the measurements given in the pattern, spritz it with a spray bottle and let it dry. It seems to work. The board is one of those corrugated folding ones and is ancient - but serves the purpose really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    meki1231: I used to have one of those boards too and I forgot all about that. Good suggestion. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    You just wet it down in sections and pin it to the top of the ironing board when one section is dry then you move onto the next section wet it down with a spray bottle and let it dry and this works great. Regards Kate Lane

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart still sell those boards. I like that the grid is already there, you don't have to use a measuring tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha....I have one of those!...Someone have it to me...I thought it was for quilting! Thank you going to give it a try!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com