Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Help Crocheting Graph Pattern

Hi- I would like to start a graph pattern and I am undecided as to what method to use for changing colors. I would like it to look similar on both sides with no strands on the wrong side. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have grafted a couple, and the way I do it, is to keep many strands running at the same time, not carrying over, but instead of tying off, just change colors, drop the one and continue with the new one, picking up the last one/ones as you have turned and come back to it. It won't work for letter or numbers, to see both sides simuliar, but it sure cuts down on the weaving in ends. Just don't pull the yarn to tight when changing colors. When turning your piece to work back across, be sure to take turns on the way you do it, so as not to tangle the yarns to much. I have to use a laundry basket because sometimes I have 8 and more strands going at the same time. Hope this will help some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your informative response. Your response will help

Thank you for your very helpful response. Do you drop your colors to the wrong side of the afghan? Once again, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to be of some help. I always drop to the wrong side. When I have to leave a tail, I always leave at least a 4 inch one, and weave it in under several stitches and back and forth 2 or 3 rows. on the back side. Just don't do that before being sure there are no mistakes to redo...Yep, have been reminded of that a few times, like the 4 rows I just had to redo on the afghan I'm working on now. ha ha. Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. Now I feel confident that I can start my afghan and be sure of what I should be doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out tutorials for tapestry crochet. Color changes are frequent and not meant to be noticed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response. I will look for information on tapestry crochet.