Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  66
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Thread: Free Patterns

Post Thanks / Like

Free Patterns

No longer the “little” girl I was when we were married I tease my hubby about being the best investment he ever made that grew. Now that I am a full figured girl I have been searching for an easy generous sized shawl with lots of arm coverage which I had not been able to located in a triangle shaped shawl. This is a simple pattern I worked out and would like to share. Made with 16 oz. of any WW soft yarn and a U.S. size I-9 Susan Bates hook It is easy to make and to wear. I have posted the free pattern on my blog Ideal Delusions: So Simple Box Stitch Shawl

Free Patterns

[IMG]Free Patterns[/IMG]
    Last edited by DorisAnn; 07-24-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this pattern Printed it and the one by Doris Chan. I am making purses right now- how do you think this box st would look on a plain purse that will be lined? I think it would work- do you? Thanks again!

3. Likes N/A, DorisAnn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This pattern stitch is very adaptable. I have used it for aghan's, shawls, scarves, and hand bags. It is a relaxing stitch and I love to work with it.
    Thank you Dorie

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom, ILikeCrochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DorisAnn I love the colour and of course shawl is just Beautiful my dear. Whats next?? Super job. Susan MJ

7. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the pattern!!! I've been looking for a shawl pattern (triangle pattern) for a while now. This is precisely what I've been looking for!!! I have some rayon and silk yarn to make the shawl with but it is a lighter weight than worsted....I will just make more rows!!! Dinah

9. Likes N/A, DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    This pattern stitch is very adaptable. I have used it for aghan's, shawls, scarves, and hand bags. It is a relaxing stitch and I love to work with it.
    Thank you Dorie
    I need relaxing! LOL

11. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dorie: The shawl is gorgeous. I have saved to my favs and will print soon. I will try this as I have wanted to try a prayer shawl and this would be ideal. I think I will also try it for an afghan. Thanks much. You do beautiful work. Shirley

13. Likes SweetARoma, N/A, DorisAnn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Thank you for the pattern!!! I've been looking for a shawl pattern (triangle pattern) for a while now. This is precisely what I've been looking for!!! I have some rayon and silk yarn to make the shawl with but it is a lighter weight than worsted....I will just make more rows!!! Dinah
    More rows will work just fine. I probably would have added a few more rows but I wanted to be sure I had enough yarn for the border. On the shawl I am working on now I worked 30 rows and I am using fringe for the border. I love fringe and it just seems to go with the flow of the piece.

15. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thnak you for sharing. I love the shawl! Can you tell me where to find the pattern.

17. Likes DorisAnn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link Ideal delusions is in the post. Let me know if you cannot open it.