Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Diagrams

Post Thanks / Like

Diagrams

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Cathy. I just learned diagram reading and it has opened up a whole new world for me!! And most times when I am reading a complicated or confusing pattern, I diagram out part of it to make it easier in my mind to do. I found it easier than frogging all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I Love your youtube graph videos!
    Do you know how, or have videos to learn to read DIAGRAMS?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Diagrams confuse me to no end. I just can't wrap my head around them and it is so frustrating! If someone can teach me how to read them I would be sooooo grateful.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Cathy, I am sorry, were you asking me?? I do know how to read most diagrams, stills confusing when doing garments and such tho, but then again that is experience (zero). The key is learning the Symbols, and the list you posted is very extensive.
    Pretty much when looking at the diagram you are looking at what you are crocheting. That is why I like them

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DinahRoberts;92193]Diagrams confuse me to no end. I just can't wrap my head around them and it is so frustrating! If someone can teach me how to read them I would be sooooo grateful. :)[/QUOTE]

You are not the only one. I can read a filet crochet chart (have done afghans in yarn following that) but the international diagrams are more work for me. I find it faster to read a written pattern and preferably when it is not abbreviated.

LI Roe

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like to learn diagrams- some of the sites in other languages have ab gorgeous patterns. Am trying a little bit to learn but after 50 plus years of reading them it's difficult for me. Come over for coffee Rosie and show me how. Good luck Ladies! Lawana

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lawana! It does take a little to get use to. Following is a link where I learned to crochet, actually the link will be to where she shows how to read a chart. And this is where I learned, she is step by step and explains a lot. Which I needed And she gives you a sample that she works along with you (I think ). Its a start

Crochet School Lesson 21: Reading Crochet Charts - Craftyminx

Good luck and have fun (pm me on FB if you have any questions )

and the first pattern I ever worked with was the "scarf", and that was right after I did this "classes"
    Last edited by rosieh20; 07-15-2013 at 03:34 PM.

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I put it in my favs- will watch and look at it tomorrow. What I don't understand- example- a many layered rose- how do you know which row goes in the back- can't wrap my head around that! I understand the stitch symbols pretty much but can't figure this out.

15. Likes rosieh20 liked this post