Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Compatability of cotton yarn

I have a question on matching cotton yarn from different companies. I have bought Bernat handicrafter cotton candy collection to make dishcloths but want to boarder the dishcloth with a accent color but Bernat doesn't have the color I want. Sugar n cream does. Has anyone used different companies of cotton yarn on the same project? They are similar in their weight and texture. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Peaches and cream and the other one Lily's and cream (something like that can't remember the exact name). They have both been the same to me. I haven't mixed Bernat's but I bet it will mix well. If you aren't trying to match colors as you say you are using a different color I bet nobody could tell. If this is incorrect info on someone else's experience I would love to know.

3. Likes N/A, little drummer, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used a multi-color green, white and yellow Bernat Handicrafter for a sunhat for my granddaughter, and made the brim in a matching lime green from Sugar and Cream. It worked out perfectly.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes N/A, little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I love that I was validated!! I am glad to hear that they match.

7. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like you can use different acrylic yarns of same size and weight- so can you use cotton.

9. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all who have given advise. I really appreciate it.

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    NOW I'll tell ya'll what was behind my comments. Most of you know I love Ebay and I was on looking the other day and I saw cotton yarn made by the Company Lily & cream or something like that. It was being offered to buy it now at over $2.50 a skein. I don't know why I did this but I messaged him and told him his price wasn't a bargain. Well he didn't take it well and started to write me message after message saying that his yarn was a better quality and I said that I crochet with both and can't tell the difference and asked him if he crocheted, which he doesn't. I finally told him that I had just wanted to say if he wasn't selling much that was the reason and I had noticed that no one had bid on it. I didn't want a pen pal I just thought he might not know his product well. So that is why I was so interested in this post. That is a lot of writing to say thanks to ya'll for confirming my position.

13. Likes little drummer, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    NOW I'll tell ya'll what was behind my comments. Most of you know I love Ebay and I was on looking the other day and I saw cotton yarn made by the Company Lily & cream or something like that. It was being offered to buy it now at over $2.50 a skein. I don't know why I did this but I messaged him and told him his price wasn't a bargain. Well he didn't take it well and started to write me message after message saying that his yarn was a better quality and I said that I crochet with both and can't tell the difference and asked him if he crocheted, which he doesn't. I finally told him that I had just wanted to say if he wasn't selling much that was the reason and I had noticed that no one had bid on it. I didn't want a pen pal I just thought he might not know his product well. So that is why I was so interested in this post. That is a lot of writing to say thanks to ya'll for confirming my position.
    I've seen lots of craft items on ebay that seem to be priced high, like yarn, and I do papercrafts, too. There are some real non-bargains on there for sure.

I guess we need to remember that ebay is international, and folks in other places in the world can't even buy some of the products that we take for granted. Not to mention what we find on sale or use coupons to buy all the time. So maybe the prices don't seem too steep to them.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

15. Likes N/A, little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't thought of that and you are right. I will not ever try to help someone with pricing again. Really he messaged me 5 times about the price of his yarn. lol

17. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye just saw this I use sugar & cream & Bernat and lokked good on my projects. I buy at Michaels fot $1.99 on sale a lot for $1.25. Susan MJ

19. Likes little drummer liked this post