Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hybrid View

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like

Wedding cake memory in progress

Making a 3 tier wedding cake for my grandson and future grand daughter. She is a crafter. I'm working on the flowers as I type, well on free time.
    The single layer is the 8" but the 3 tier is 16", 14", and 8" all together.
    My hubby lost his sight 12 weeks ago so progress is slow but goal is Sept 1.
    Will post progress. Anita
    Wedding cake memory in progress-100_2389-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Wedding cake memory in progress-100_2368-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cake pattern saved for the right time. I think it would be a great keepsake. Will look forward to seeing the finished cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    How sweet!!! I'm sure it will be a treasured keepsake! Nice work

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks amazing. Will be gorgeous when you decorate it. Looking forward to seeing what you do! TFS

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm such a dummy! I know this is a crochet forum, but when I saw the post, all I could think of was "real wedding cake." Then I saw that the deadline is September 1st, and thought, my goodness that will sure be a stale wedding cake.

Looked at the picture - and it all became suddenly clear, a "crocheted" cake, of course.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear your hubby lost his sight. I hope it is improving. The cake is over the top wonderful. What a great keepsake!! Show us when you finish it!! Shirley

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will post for sure. This will be one of a kind, never to be repeated, labor of love. I told my hubby that after I did the 8" I would do the 16" otherwise there would be only 2 layers.
    Working on the flowers now. Most will be one of a kind. I am doing the mum right now for the topper. Their initials will be hanging from the letter 'T' for their last name. The 'T' will be supported by extra long coffee stirrers stuck into the top layer through the mum. Bride's name is Carly so I found some Carly flowers just for her, a calla lily for my youngest grand daughter, and an orchid for my daughter. All in tangerine, moss green and chocolate brown. Have variegated green for the leaves with some 'hairy' yarn for texture. Hope I finish by the deadline. I'll put as many as I can finish or til I like it. Thanks for the thoughts about my hubby. Doc said won't get better so we are two seniors married 54 years each helping the other as best as we can.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is way cool!!!!! can't wait to see the rest!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    It s incredible!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    God is Looking over you Both. Yhis Cake is almost Delicious hahahehe, Very nice job. Years ago I help a friend do one a bit smaller and never again. We did flowers but on small scale, cant wait to see yours. My prayers are with you & your Husband. May I ask... did he just become blind?? I asked as mine had a stroke in 1 eye and is blind and other is not doing well. Never are prepared so I try not to think of it. We are all here to hear the tales of Our New Friends the Bakers. Lujcky Grandson & Bride to be. Nice chatting.
    Love to hear from you Anita?? Susan M J