Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Afghans for kids

Below, as you can see, is from Harriet. If you are interested in helping her, you can find her on 'Knitting Paradise'(which is just like 'Crochet Talk').

Hi: I make afgans for charities: (Aids Hospices, Broward House, Make A Wish Foundation, Palm Beach Sheriffs Office for Their Kids in Distress, Alliance Church, who send the afgans to orphanages, United Order True Sisters, who bring the afgans to children in the hospital who are getting chemo, Chrissie Everett Rehab Center at Broward General Hospital, Victims of Katrina, VIP Pavillion, Ronald McDonald House, and Joes Place for dementia and alzimers.

If anyone out there has any yarn they would like to donate I will give you all the info. Have made over 4,000 afgans so far, and really need some help from you guys. Any donation of yarn would be greatly appreciated. I cant and wont take any cash or checks. That would be dangerous for for me. A gift card to Michaels or Walmart is good. Thanking you in advance. Harriet

I need all the help I can get to keep my little fingers going. I am in Palm Bay Fl and if you are close I will meet you half way or what ever you want. I have gotten yarn from as far away a Scotland. From her own sheep. I have gotten yarn from every state so far except Utah.

Hello and welcome to you. I guess you read my little ad. I have gotten yarn friom England and Scotland. From Scotland was from her own sheep. What a thrill that is. The only state I HAVE NOT gotten yarn from is Utah. I keep a book with all the donations and where it is from. Hoping to hear from you. Thank you Harriet
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-11-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie your a super woman for sure and its a heart warming thing you do. I donate to 3 - 4 places in MN and as most on fixed income. I allways need yarn, Im sorry I just cant help right now. God Bless You and Others Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't make afghans for charities;Harriet does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie I apolagize as so much going on with Amandas Grandbaby Passing, Butterflyroses Husband ill but getting better I hear and my own situation. I need to slow down and read carefully. What do you crochet ? easier then back & forth?? Thanks My CT Friend Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda, I'm sorry to hear that your grandbaby passed away! Susan, I knew someone asked me what I was crocheting. I thought it was Virginia. I was crocheting squares. thinking about trying the trinity stitch and the star stitch and the invisible join. I might make a baby cocoon and hat. The garden is going to need more of my attention.