Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: crochet sweater

Post Thanks / Like

crochet sweater

I am looking for a pattern I made for my grandmother in late 77 or 78. I thought It was in a family circle or womens day magazine. It really could have been in any.
    It had a double crochet yoke. then you added sc, hdc and dc's to make a ripple.
    I believe the sweater I made for grandmother was the same colors that was in the pattern. It was purple, red, yellow, green, blue. I can't remember what others. It had flared sleeves. I can't remember if the sweater ended straight or rippled. I would really like to make another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could help you out with this, but I've been searching the web and can't find anything like that. It's very frustrating to me since I'm sure I have the pattern in storage somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    seems to me I have seen those books in the library when I have been there. You might want to check their yearly craft books, you might hit it lucky.

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both. I have been hunting everywhere for years. I thought maybe it has been in family circlres granny squares yearly book. But I lost some of my favorite books while moving. The only thing I am sure about is my grandmother didn't wear it long before she passed away and we don't have any idea what grandpa did with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey again! I found some old "101 Sweaters" mags on Ebay and just had to buy them. I will look in there when they get here and see if the pattern is there so I can share it with you. The mags are put out by Woman's Day and are from the 70's. I have patterns out the kazoo but am always buying more...I think I have a problem! lol
    "Hi, my name is Dinah and I collect crochet patterns." hehehe

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot too. I have between 150 and 200 chelesa station's patterns. They are also Laura wheeler and design patterns. I used to have a lot of books had to get rid of them. I have a lot I am going to list soon. Don't have room for it all. Thanks for looking. I know it had to come out 77 or early 78.

Post Thanks / Like

ripple sweater

crochet sweater-scan0001-jpgcrochet sweater-scan0002-jpgcrochet sweater-scan0003-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't seem to get this into pdf format that would upload ... it said the files were too large. anyway I hope this is what you were looking for and that you can print it off ok. Dinah

11. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I could wear this- it has lots of room for 'bosoms!' LOL But can't see it well enough to read it. Sob!
    I really like the blue one. I would look huge in the zig zag one- is there any way to get the blue one to me with out it being too much trouble?
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 07-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try to put into pdf format again and send it.