Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Bottle Cap Trivit

I am looking for a pattern for a Trivit that uses bottle caps. They are crocheted. I have seen it, but do you think I can find it again? Nope, Nada, no way. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Google crocheted bottlle cap trivet pattern, then when google opens up move to another window, click images, so you can see the one you want, and then search behind the pics so to speak, should be plenty of free ones out there. Not too many bottlecaps floating around anymore. Metal anyway.
    Good luck!
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I will try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to make a bottle cap trivet but have no source of metal caps, would water/pop
    bottle caps work? I am sure they would be fine for under plant pots and such, but what
    about as hot pads? Wondering if the cotton yarn would be enough to protect the caps
    from the heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the bottle caps on Amazon and also at Michales. My Mom use to use them a lot. I have seen a pattern, but I can not seem to find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bars would sure have lots of them to give away, or don't they make metal caps for beer bottles anymore? Small town living works well in situations like this, but bet you could ask ahead and things could be worked out.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    The patterns are in a lot of old crochet books. Mom used to make grape clusters and grouped them together in hexagons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa Doll, If you goto free vintage crochet at Get Started Crocheting | Crochet Patterns You will find your free bottle cap patterns. Go down the list and you will see Bottle Caps. As far as getting the caps, some bottles at the bars a screw-ons now but not all. Even if the are the screw-on kind they will still work. Maybe you know someone the drinks bottle beer, etc.
    Last edited by Dustygirl; 07-13-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I found exactally what I am looking for. Lion Brand has a pattern and Maggie's Crochet has the grape trivit pattern. I copied both of these and I will be making them soon.

I think once you have the pattern for the cover, you can make it any design you want.

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Tampa Doll; 07-14-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like