Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

Hello, my name is Valerie....from South Carolina.....I love to crochet, sew, and spend time with my two youngest grandchildren....both age 8...boy and girl....all the other grands are grown....I'm enjoying sewing for my granddaughter and would love to do more for my grandson but there isn't as much available for boys.....I make hat and scarf sets, crowls, small afghans, etc. for cancer patients at our local infusion center (we're lost 5 family members in the past two years to cancer and have three others battling it...so that is where I see a need)......I also make preemie dresses for my granddaughter's baby doll and to donate to our children's hospital....I am 63 years old, still work part time for Foster Grant servicing the reading and sun glass racks in over 30 stores....when I'm not working, crocheting, sewing or with the grands.....I love to FISH! We live on 15 acres and have five ponds and 1400 hundred feet on a creek...so this is my much worked/saved for fishing paradise....We named our place "A Little Piece of Heaven"....and have spent the past 11 years here....we were in our previous home about 27 years...this is our final place (I hope).....I am a people person, involved with our small Town government, local events, etc.....My favorite place to visit is the MOUNTAINS!....Next to fishing I love the beauty and serenity of the mountains...my favorite place to visit is Pigeon Forge...been visiting it for many years (even have a little tiny signed painting done by Archie Campbell..sp? from the old HEE HAW show...oh how time has passed). Anyway, I look forward to meeting and socializing with this fine group of people....thanks for inviting me in....Valerie

2. Likes N/A, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Valerie WELCOME to CT just as you did drop in to any form or check out our Groups (click community then groups, pop-up different groups. Im a 73 yr. young married lady who crochets mostly for donating to area groups. I see your BUSY??
    What to say to you and your Family and this deadly disease, GOD BLESS & PRAYERS for them & you. My Mom had Breast Cancer & older Brother had Cancer so its always in my thoughts of how I live my life. My heart goes out to you and those Battleing (C) now. God has you in his thought & all our Prayers. Nice week-end Valerie / Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Valerie: Welcome to CT. We are glad to have you here joining our group. We have a great time talking to each other and I am always learning new things from the other gals. I am 65, retired and have four grandchildren. I make baby blankets for Project Linus mostly. We have Lola, a Staffordshire terrier (nanny dog) who keeps me company while hubby still works 4 days per week. I live in Eastern WA. Sounds like you are a busy lady, but I would rather be busy than sitting in a rocking chair!!! Shirley

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting....love the outdoors too....thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew! You sound busy. Welcome to the best site in town.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Valerie! I am Larisa addicted to doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Valerie! I have 3 granddaughters, ages 3, 7 & 8, and am just getting into sewing American Girl doll clothes for my oldest granddaughter...we spent 2 1/2 hrs at Joann Fabric today buying patterns and fabric...this will be quite an adventure on top of my crochet! I was looking for hobbies to keep myself busy, and as the saying goes "ask and ye shall receive" LOL. You will love it here! I joined in March and feel much at home here. I sometimes think God guided me here

Post Thanks / Like
    ladyspaniels: I agree with you wholeheartedly that God must have guided me to this site! I have learned so much from everyone and also how compassionate and thankful people are. I am alone most of the days with Lola the dog and this really gives me a place to interact with others. Sounds like a real project dressing American Girl Dolls, but granddaughters will love it. shirley

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us and look forward to learning more about you!