Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

bottle cap trivet

I know they can be made with metal caps, but has anyone made the with the caps from milk or juice. If you did, did they hold up to heat? I have a friend that wants one but neither of us have metal caps. I could probably go to the local bar and ask them to save them, but I feel kind of funny doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Minta, I am curious about this too. I found an old pattern and wanted to make some for Christmas gifts. I have been saving the plastic water bottle caps but not sure if they will work with hot food containers. I think you can buy the metal ones but not sure what the cost is. When you find out let me know.
    rs

Post Thanks / Like
    Minta: One year my sister made a trivet with wine bottle corks and it was really nice. Just fitted in the corks this way and that and they do stand up to heat. I bet some of the bars would keep the corks for you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband has brewed his own beer every now and then, and he gets the metal caps where he gets all the other supplies. Oh, of course, he isn't home so I can ask him where he got the stuff! Well, anyway, I looked up brewing supplies online, and one place sells 50 caps for $1.50. I didn't look up the shipping though. Best if you could find a supplier near you - shipping is always a killer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, never thought of internet search for caps. They don't look to expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    try stores that has bottled soda machines although I don't know if there are any or not. I am sure the bar would be more than happy to save them if you gave them some kind of bag or container to throw them in. My great aunt made these all the time but I cant find a pattern for them anywhere do you happen to have one you would sell?? email me at claramw2002@yahoo.com. Thanks for any help you can give me with this.