Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

How to crochet instructions written in Spanish

A friend wants me to teach her to crochet. Spanish is her first language and her English is limited. Does anyone know a website which has instructions in Spanish for the basic stitches (chain, crochet, double crochet)? Unfortunately, I speak NO Spanish, but I think I can teach her with some basic diagrams and explanations in Spanish. texasmom

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, great that you want to help your friend....I would use Google translate, have your English pattern translated to Spanish....hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet in Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    Hey, great that you want to help your friend....I would use Google translate, have your English pattern translated to Spanish....hope this helps.
    That's a great idea. Thank you very much. texasmom

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If she likes to watch videos, there are lots of You Tube videos in Spanish, if I remember right.

6. Likes Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, Barbara! Sometimes I find an interesting video but my Spanish falters and I give up. Excellent reminder. See YouTube, texasmom, and bless you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon speaks and writes Spanish. At least I know she speaks it well. She might help you. Message her and see if she can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this will help or not, but might be a good reference for you
    yarn over - I don

Also, I posted this stitch for someone on another thread. I was just looking thru her site and it may come in handy for you. Not sure if she does any tutorials, but most if not all, her patterns are in both Spanish and English. She does a great job! Anyway, this might be fun for the both of you to work together. Hopefully you can find something that will be simple to start off with!
    Last edited by rosieh20; 07-01-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet Work - Chapter IX - Encyclopedia of Needlework, Crochet Patterns, Stitches, Crochet Lace Patterns is a web site that explains crochet stitches with pictures. Then ,
    go to Bing Translator copy and paste instructions in English and translate to Spanish. This is a very good translation site.
    Hope this helps, Susan

11. Likes rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some beautiful motifs in there!! Thank you for sharing Susan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your good suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes. texasmom