Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Baby owl ornaments

Baby owl ornaments-img_0455-jpgBaby owl ornaments-img_0454-jpg This is the start of my owl family. I am making them into ornaments for the yard sale. They must be popular since my daughter and granddaughter have asked for them and a friend as well. Is there a way to cut the circles out of felt that makes a good circle? Mine aren't as good as I would like but I think they are cute. Here is the entire family!!
    Last edited by twinfaye; 06-26-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Add the family

Post Thanks / Like
    terrific faye! yes these owls will fly out and into someone shopping bag! and yes these are a popular design too for hats, granny squares too!! wonderful job!
    Crochet Chickadee

3. Likes N/A, Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoot, hoot, hoot, I think the owls are precious.
    Pam

5. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, you are a hoot!!!! lol

7. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoot back to ya!

9. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye your Owls are just darling (pattern??) I want a OWL PURSE??? Can you make one Im going to look as you don't have time Buzzy==BEE. Thanks for sharing. HUGS Susan M J

11. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

felt cutting resources

MayaMade: maya*made: how to: cut felt circles draws directly onto fabric using a spool and white stamping ink
    Weefolkart: How To Cut Out Felt - REVISED | Wee Folk Art she uses tape and/or stapler

Hope this helps.

PS here's a post on a circle cutter that might work if you are doing this a lot
    tool for cutting felt circles? - Page 2 - Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!
    Last edited by ILikeCrochet; 06-26-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: adding a link to a tool
    ~~~Love At All Times ~~~
    Blog: http://crochetbusiness.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'm done with the owls for now but I want to watch the video for the future. I didn't even think about a video?? My old mind doesn't go to internet as a first choice. Thanks again. I went and looked at all the info. Some of the info wouldn't work for the owls since the circles are small but the circle cutting thingy looks promising if I did circles every day but I don't so can't justify buying it.
    Last edited by twinfaye; 06-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.

14. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    so very cute my family likes owls

16. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, your little owl ornaments are absolutely adorable! And I'm having so much fun using my hooks that I won in the raffle. Hoot-hoot!

Marlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Baby owl ornaments-img_0455-jpgBaby owl ornaments-img_0454-jpg This is the start of my owl family. I am making them into ornaments for the yard sale. They must be popular since my daughter and granddaughter have asked for them and a friend as well. Is there a way to cut the circles out of felt that makes a good circle? Mine aren't as good as I would like but I think they are cute. Here is the entire family!!