Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Scored!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Scored!!!!

Yesterday I had to do my shopping and I went (of course) to Walmart with hubby..WELL..he ended up (of course) in the craft isle with me..He let me get a SUPER saver of Redheart yarn as it was the last skein of the color I wanted..lol...but I also scored a set of knitting needles.(broom stick lace) now I know that they aren't the big large size but they will work for a smaller tighter version of broom stick lace...lol. I also went into the sewing dept..scored again..3 remnants that will do about 6 linings for purses (all for like 2 bucks) ..THEN on our way out of that side of Wally World..there was this basket with CLEARANCE on it...25 cents....well I had to look..lol..I found another piece of fabric..25 cents that was for a scarf..that will work for lining 2 more purses..also I found wire earrings..that are silver ..gold and black..(bobbles) that will work great for stitch markers..lol..3 pair where on one card..25 cents..wow..I also got some foam..thinking backing for coasters...neat prints too..4 sheets..25 cents..oh and I got 4 skeins of (large skeins) of embroidery floss..25 cents each....when I was done all my darling said ..was "Can we do our food shopping now?" lol..and we did ..and went home..lol But I was SMART..I took him to Micky "D" before we even got in the store.." he had his double cheese burgers..and he was a happy man before he went in..lol" ..But I scored good I think..NOW back to work on my crocheting..the dead line is getting close for my stuff I want to send Faye..so if you all don't see me much..I have my hook flying..hugs Anne
    Last edited by me2la; 06-23-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go, Girl! Ya done good!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My comment exactly, Way to go girl!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I say exactly what Cindy and Magnolia Blossom have said. Good on you!!!!! Take a little break. You deserve it!!!! Shirley

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great score!!!! I love finding things at way-out prices. I was in my local Walmart on Saturday and since two of my favorite words are sale and clearance, I had to check out the clearance aisle.

Well, I found (but your prices are better) Homespun at $1 a skein, now it is not one of my favorite yarns to work with but at that price, I could make soft, warm scarves for the project I am working on for my friend. So I grabbed whatver they had at that price on sale, one lone skein of Windsor (blue) and 11 skeins of Wildfire.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 06-23-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: incomplete post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job LI Roe!!!! And I believe when we see a good deal, snap it up cuz it will be gone!!! Shirley

8. Likes Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You admitted you are addicted but you didn't request help for it! That is the way I am. I know I am addicted but I don't want to stop!!

10. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: No help for the wicked is there?

12. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne: I scored this AM today, sort of! I went to the Walmart closest to me and they had the discontinued Red Heart Baby Love yarn: 4 yellow, 2 purple and 1 pink. Someone must have returned them cuz I have been just walking by and checking when I go in there and nada!!! So I added some to my stash. Price was not marked down (3.97) but hey beggars can't be choosers! How are you doing on your projects? shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lili;88488]Good job LI Roe!!!! And I believe when we see a good deal, snap it up cuz it will be gone!!! Shirley[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I grab it right away. Today I was in Goodwill and again, they had a small clear bag (like sheets come in) full of yarn and also a pair of knitting needles and I took it right away, especially in those types of places. And when I was paying for my purchases (did buy other non-yarn items, LOL), one of the associates said someone else was looking for yarn but apparently didn't notice it. I have learned to look everywhere since it is not always in the same place.

LI Roe

15. Likes amanda liked this post