Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New to Crochet!

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet!

I have never crocheted before. Haven't found a YouTube video that has clearly showed me how to crochet. I'm still confused on how to do it. I would like my first project to be a beanie hat. If any one has any tips or helpful videos that will teach me how to crochet as well as make a hat, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to Crochet Talk! If you click on the links and resources you should be able to find something that will work for you. I myself just learned to crochet last Oct., and this is where I learned Craftyminx: Crochet School
    I found the site easy to understand, and they also show for the left handed people. It worked for me, hope it helps you also!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a bunch!

4. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; please post when you are done, and ask lots of questions as you crochet;

6. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    k.t. krane: Good luck getting started. Welcome to CT. I am 65, retired and have four grandchildren. I have been making baby blankets and full afghans mostly for Project Linus. The ladies on this forum are great and very helpful!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.t.krane View Post
    I have never crocheted before. Haven't found a YouTube video that has clearly showed me how to crochet. I'm still confused on how to do it. I would like my first project to be a beanie hat. If any one has any tips or helpful videos that will teach me how to crochet as well as make a hat, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    My very favorite crochet videos are by Crochet Geek on Youtube. If you go to Youtube, type in Crochet Geek Tutorials, you will find beginner videos that start with making a chain, then on to single crochet, double crochet, etc.

The gal is a great teacher. She talks slowly, and explains each step very well.

Here is a link to the beginning video:

Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! It is a blessing to have you here on site with us! Make yourself right at home, here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello !
    I have found an easy way to learn Crochet and Knitting.
    Coats and Clark have put out an Interactive CD-ROM. One each for Crochet and Knitting.
    These are wonderful. You can stop, replay, etc. Very Clear pictures/instructions. Sold at
    Most larger craft stores like Hobby Lobby, JoAnne Fabrics/crafts and cost about $6.00 range.
    Web site: Sewing, Needlecraft, Thread, Textile Manufacturing Company | Coats & Clark
    I hope this helps.
    LadyJ