Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello:

My name is Rosemary and I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the crochet talk community. I've recently become disabled and restarted crocheting again. I forgot how relaxing and therapeutic it is. I know it will be amazing sharing ideas and thoughts with fellow crocheters. Again' hi,and looking forward to a making wonderful new friends.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rosemary: Welcome to CT. I am 65, retired and have 4 grandchildren. I broke my hip August 2012 and really started crocheting again. I usually make baby blankets and full afghans for Project Linus. I really enjoy CT and the group of ladies who are here! What are you working on? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome, Rosemary. (I love your name, by the way.) I'm retired also and recently began crocheting again. I learned in my 20's, but really couldn't remember much. I still remembered how to hold the hook, and the yarn, and make a chain, but that's about it. I couldn't even remember the simple stitches. I got back up to speed by watching some great videos on Youtube. I'm really enjoying the projects I'm making.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rosemary............its a blessing we have something to fall back on when we need to..............this is a good place with great people sharing common interests!

Post Thanks / Like
    Being "disabled" as I am also one finds things they are ABLE to do , may be different and with limits. Was on Crochet talk before but something in the web lost me. Currently I am back crocheting a afghan from a patter of my late grandmother - that has been lost over time. Will be also making roses from plastic spoons, have started painting class's , and many other ablilities . Those that have talked with me before know I am a young grandmother and great-grandmother though am not that young!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Edieann...........That's what I was always told as well..............when I used to be out w/gkids, people thought they were my KIDS, then I became a GGmom last October & people think I am still too young for that, although I guess I am old enough!!!! I am currently crocheting a tablecloth for my daughter........they always feel like the progress is so slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum!! I am Larisa... I crochet doileis and make mats
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad you joined us!~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome here! We are glad you joined! Sorry to hear about your disability - maybe it will be a blessing in disguise from a crochet standpoint! Thanks for joining us and make yourself right at home!