Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New, free pattern from Sarah London

Hi Everyone,

Sarah London, author of the wonderful "Wool Eater" pattern has another super colorful pattern she is sharing:

Crochet :: Apache Tears FREE Pattern |

Even if the thought of changing colors so often makes you want to curl up in a ball under your bed, the technique would work very well with fewer colors. Sarah London is a gifted designer. If you haven't checked out the "Wool Eater" pattern, there is a link to this free pattern on the same page as the "Apache Tears" pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing!

3. Likes SweetARoma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Apache Tears blanket

Even though you have to change colors often, at least you don't have to weave in the ends. You just create a fringe with the ends.
    This is a knockout of a blanket.

6. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet ebooks

Thank you Sarah,

For the information, and pattern. I need all the help I can get. I'm so anxious to crochet something, but so far I'm just practicing on the stitches. My main problem is feeling secure about how I hold the yarn. I'll get it, cuz I won't give up, it's too important to me.

Kolina

Post Thanks / Like
    Carolrose,
    I really appreciate your "Apache Tears." I'm past 50 and just found out in the last 6 - 7 years, that I have Native American blood. I've become very interested in the Native Americans, and very sympathetic with their plight. I love their writings, and designs in their work. So beautiful!

Kolina

9. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi KolinaGr, How exciting to discover something new and surprising about yourself. Do you know which tribe? I highly recommend you read anything by Lucia St. Clair Robson, especially "Ride the Wind." She bases all her writings on facts and true stories. Ride the Wind is about Cynthia Ann Parker who was kidnapped as a child and became a true Comanche. Then head on over to the Texas panhandle, outside Canyon, Texas is Palo Duro Canyon. I spent many summers there. The place holds the spirits of the Comanche. It is a holy, mystical place. I don't know anyone who has been there that hasn't been changed by the experience. Ms. Robson writes about Palo Duro Canyon, but I don't want to spoil the story so that is all I will say about it.

barbe

11. Likes SweetARoma, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how much Native American I have been blessed with, but as close as I can tell, it's from the Cheyenne. My father, whom I never met, was from the where the Cheyenne mostly abided in Oklahoma. And it must have been from his mother, because of his last name being Irish, it wouldn't have been his father. That's about all I know, except that my brother and sister really look Indian, where as I look totally Irish. I do have darker skin than most Irish though.
    Kolina

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous pattern! Thank you very much for sharing.

14. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbe, I've been to Palo Duro Canyon and I wholly agree with you. It is a holy, mystical place. Thank you for listing a new author for me to check out. I have read other stories about Cynthia Ann Parker, but not "Ride the Wind". Looking forward to reading it.

16. Likes SweetARoma liked this post