Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What is your most prized crochet possession?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5044[/ATTACH]
    Hi everyone. I was wondering what you have that you consider your most prized crochet possession? Mine is my baby blanket and pillow that my mom made when she was pregnant with me and I am now 61. Since she passed away in Oct. 2012, it has become even more special to me. So that got me thinking, what do you have that you treasure the most and why?

LI Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images What is your most prized crochet possession?-baby-blanket-mom-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few a baby blanket that was crocheted by my grandma for me and my mom gave me a pink and blue Rose blanket for graduation
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes Carynjoyb, SweetARoma, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an afghan that my mother's mother made for my father's mother back before I was born. Both of them are in heaven already, and I get to enjoy the blanket. -janine

5. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow what a neat question! I honestly don't know, wait yes I do, a friend made a doll's outfit for my daughter who was born prematurely;

7. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it would have to have been the crocheted bride doll i made all my daughters were fighting over it and when we had to move out of our last house I gave it to my 3rd daughter she was the first to get married and also she has my first grand daughter who claimed it from her mom.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

9. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I could pick any one thing....I have a cedar chest FULL of crochet doilies, tablecloths, bedspreads etc. that my grandmother made for me out of #10 thread. I wouldn't trade any of that for the world!

11. Likes Carynjoyb, Anaisa, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one in my family crocheted besides me, and I have given everything away I crocheted. But the item I am most proud of the things I crocheted was a Baby AFGHAN I crochet that had a Noah's Ark theme, the animals on it were raised up. It was so complicated because each animal was in a seperate block but it was one piece and not in Granny squares and it was the very first item I had crocheted, I knitted and I told her I would make for her one for her first baby but could only find aa Knit pattern in the Noah's Ark Theme,. So I set about to learn to crochet. I didn't get it done till a month after Lexi was born.

It turned out really pretty and I was so proud because it was complicated but I finished it.. But that was before my strokes so I know I couldn't do that now.

DUMB MISTAKE, I sayed couldn't find a Crochet pattern, I meant couldn't find a KNIT Pattern
    Last edited by MeerKat; 06-20-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Dumb Mistake

13. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have a few afghans from my mom..sadly I had to part with them over the years..my sister still has a few. As for stuff I make I have given most of it away..I think I have a few hair bands..(plain ones no flower) just to hold my mess back out of my eyes and a few pot holders..but that is just about it. But I think the thing I have made I liked the most in the past was a hairpin lace scarf I made for a lady I worked for..it was before I even owned a camera..so I have no pictures of it.

15. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the things I made for my daughter almost 30 years ago and a few of the holiday afghans I've made for the family. I also have 2 afghans my mom made before she passed away this year. I will cherish those.

17. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your most prized crochet possession?-img_0105-jpg I don't have much from my grandmother but I have this Ms Revlon doll that she made the dress for. It didn't quite fit around the waist but I loved it!!

19. Likes Carynjoyb, Kathy B. liked this post