Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello to my fellow "hookers!"

My name is Sue. I've been crocheting since my wonderful Mom taught me when I was around 8 years old. That's 57 years ago! I love to crochet and have given away more baby and full-sized afghans than I can count. I usually ask the recipient for a picture with the ghan and have a book full of wonderful pictures. I volunteer for a group called "Precious Pals" which is a number of folks who make lap blankets for a local hospice. It is such fulfilling work, even though I never know who receives the blanket nor do they know who made it for them. I have recently completed two entries for our County Fair; an afghan and a Christmas table runner in filet crochet featuring Santa, his sleigh and eight reindeer.

Too many crochet projects, not enough time.

2. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue: I like the Precious Pals! I make baby blankets and full afghans for Project Linus. Many of the ladies in Project Linus groups make quilts and I love to see all the different ones they make. I am stuck on baby blankets. I am 65 and have four grandchildren. Welcome to CT. We are a fun group of gals and if you have any questions just ask! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi back! Thanks for the welcome. We are of the same vintage year! I have five grandchildren (4 girls and 1 boy) the youngest of whom will be 16 this year. I also have one great-granddaughter who will be 1 year old in August.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sue,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and thank you for letting us know about your group! Helping others is a wonderful thing to do while crocheting! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and aren't the greats just as precious as the grands? Never knew my heart would just keep getting bigger with room for all the kids. I have 2 granddaughters and a two greats a girl 4 and a boy almost one. Welcome and if you need help with anything just ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Welcome and aren't the greats just as precious as the grands? Never knew my heart would just keep getting bigger with room for all the kids. I have 2 granddaughters and a two greats a girl 4 and a boy almost one. Welcome and if you need help with anything just ask.
    Thanks for the welcome. And, yes they are! I wish she lived closer so I could see her more often. Unfortunately, she lives a couple of hours away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome frm down under! Its great that so many of us are like minded in that we crochet for charity. As a matter of interest, what size do you make your lapghans? I think mine maybe on the large size.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hello to my fellow "hookers!"-34-jpgHello to my fellow "hookers!"-109-jpgHello to my fellow "hookers!"-151-jpgHello to my fellow "hookers!"-153-jpg Hello. And welcome. I don't make afghans but I make a mean little bunny. hehehe... I made a few lap blankets, sold one and I have the other one here in a bag. Storage I guess, never been used. I'm putting a few pics of them. Oh I don't have any kids maybe in 5 years. lol.
    Last edited by crochetsoup; 06-18-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sue! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa addicted to doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן