Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dottie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dottie

Hello to Everyone,

I have been crocheting for many years, but had a large gap when I didn't because of working or raising children...but now I'm back! I especially love to crochet flowers and have been making head bands for babies and children in to raise money for the Mom's Group at our Church. (They're trying to buy playground equipment.)

I also crochet baby blankets for our local Pregnancy Resource Center. Being self-taught, I have been amazed at how many crochet stitches I had never heard of or seen. To be able to crochet is a beautiful and useful craft. Sorry to ramble on.....

I live in Tennessee near Knoxville and was wondering where you will be meeting in 2014.

Happy to meet all of you,

Dottie

2. Likes Grandma Darlene, Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dottie: Welcome back! I am retired and mostly crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. I tend to get comfortable with a pattern and make color changes but use the same pattern over and over. After breaking my hip in August 2012 I have made NICU blankets and many others. Keeps me busy and out of trouble. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to this great hobby! I did the same thing - crocheted years ago, then was busy with kids and working. I'm retired and loving all my hobbies again. I also so sew lots for my granddaughters.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Dottie hon you can find info for meeting here..Rosie is the one to contact if you need more info..but I HOPE you come..it is gonna be a lot of fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8if2xehdw...gathering.docx

OH and Welcome to the Group..we are all friendly and fun ..we all love to share and there is so much to see and do here. YES I am like you..put down my hook for a bit while raising a family and working and now picking it back up. YES there is a lot of stitches to learn out there. I only knew a few my mom taught me years ago..and picked up a few more along the way but now I am trying my hand at every new stitch I can find...I love it so very much..I have a new granddaughter and I have yet to really make her anything beside a star baby blanket..been busy making other stuff..so soon I will make her a full size afghan for her mom and dad to keep for her. I also want to do some animals if I ever get around to it..lol

OH and don't forget to check out patterns here we share..and also a lot of yarn company's have patterns for free. I use google and go to images and see free patterns all the time..I have them saved on my computer and some printed out. I am also on Pintrest and search there for patterns..just thought I share a tip with you..since you are coming back to it now..hugs and hope to see you on the board as well as the Meeting!
    Last edited by me2la; 06-17-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dottie. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us and please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Pa. I don't have any children so I do crocheting for other people. If I don't have any orders I do something for myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Audrey: Mostly I crochet blankets for Project Linus and love doing it! Shirley