Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: stitch marker

Post Thanks / Like

Smile stitch marker

Hello! People might laugh at me but I won't waste my money on them stitch markers in the stores. So I use the wire bread ties that come on your loaf of bread. I keep a small jar with a lid on it and always put my bread ties in it so I always have a stitch marker it sits on my table in my crochet room. So I hope everyone enjoys my cheap ideal have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought bobby pins..and you will laugh at me..I need them now and I have NO idea where I put them..I am going back to walmart today and I am going to buy a new package..but until I get them I am going to find some bread ties..I keep them too..for other things..lol Thanks for saying this..as I was going nuts trying to figure out what I was gonna do! hugs Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are great ideas, I was using pieces of yarn in a different color to mark my spot, but the bread tie and the bobby pin sound like a better idea. Thanks for sharing. (:

4. Likes wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do buy the stitch markers, but I've found that I also like to use the pins that hold the tags on the Vera Wang clothing that I buy. If I'm ever in a pinch, I'll remember your idea of using bread ties.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to count stitches within the round so I use sewing pins with the glass beads on top. Works for me but I have tried the bread ties and they work too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea.... We gotta save so we can buy more yarn....LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea for recycling those bread ties! I have used hoop earrings that I have before!

Post Thanks / Like
    that's a good idea, I lost faith in the plastic markers also, they are a bummer to use. My solution was a bobby pin, doesn't snag the yarn and works great.

10. Likes little drummer, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Safety pins

I use the safety pins you can get at Hobby Lobby that does not have the spiral at the end so my yarn/thread doesn't get tangled up in it. You can buy them in bulk packs which really comes in handy for projects when you have to mark several spots at a time.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello! People might laugh at me but I won't waste my money on them stitch markers in the stores. So I use the wire bread ties that come on your loaf of bread. I keep a small jar with a lid on it and always put my bread ties in it so I always have a stitch marker it sits on my table in my crochet room. So I hope everyone enjoys my cheap ideal have a nice day
    LOL Wenda !!! I do the same thing. I have several in my hook case..Mary

13. Likes wenda liked this post