Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Don't give up!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up!

Don't give up!-img_0434-jpg Some of you have seen my post about a pot holder I was making. This is it! I frogged this sucker over 20 times. I am telling the truth!! I kept picking it up and looking at it and trying again and again. I tried all day yesterday and was about to give up when today I picked it up again and really looked at the pattern and then I saw it. The copy wasn't printed well and the places with the astericks was very dim and I missed the ones on the second and thrid row. I was trying to put in way too many stitchs because I didn't see the place to start again and again. Hallelujah!!! I made it in under an hour after I got it. I added an extra row around it in solid blue in the reverse single crochet stitch. I really like how that adds more texture. So the message is don't give up and look with new eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok..it turned out great Faye hon..I love it and glad you keep at it..but NOW I have to go look up REVERSE SINGLE CROCHET..I don't know how to do that one..lol..I also what to see WHIP STITCH..I have something it would be good on. OH MY..OH MY OH MY..so much to learn..my poor old brain hurts..lol

3. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by me2la View Post
    ok..it turned out great Faye hon..I love it and glad you keep at it..but NOW I have to go look up REVERSE SINGLE CROCHET..I don't know how to do that one..lol..I also what to see WHIP STITCH..I have something it would be good on. OH MY..OH MY OH MY..so much to learn..my poor old brain hurts..lol
    the reverse single crochet is not hard if you know how to do a single crochet, all you are doing is going backwards with each stitch. you move to the left instead of the right. It makes a nice finished boarder on some items. Faye, great job!!!! I am glad you were able to win that battle. your pot holder turned out great -Janine

Post Thanks / Like
    nice faye!! looks like a great Christmas gift!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I do the reverse single crohet to the right as I crochet to the left. The whip stitch is a sewing term where you put two things together by stabbing from one side to the other or in hemming it is just picking up a few threads on the pants and then on the turned up piece. At least this is my definition. You can do it very easy if you just go backwards. Thanks, I think it turned out well. I am trying to make enough for the yard sale and what I have left after the sell will be Christmas presents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imj9scrochetj9 View Post
    the reverse single crochet is not hard if you know how to do a single crochet, all you are doing is going backwards with each stitch. you move to the left instead of the right. It makes a nice finished boarder on some items. Faye, great job!!!! I am glad you were able to win that battle. your pot holder turned out great -Janine

Thanks Janine for clearing the one up for me..now all I have to do is try it..lol hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Great explaination Janine!
    Faye it is good to share that you/we sometimes struggle with a pattern. Helps us all to know it happens to everyone sometimes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Lordy, I am not a good crocheter. I just keep going until a sane person would give up. My twin is amazed at me. She would never frog anything her motto is good enough. That drives me crazy but I truly didn't think I was going to triumph on this one. There are so many good crocheters on here and they make me feel pretty bad when I see their beuatiful work. Look at Mary's baby dresses and I can't think of all the names but I feel very inferior to a lot of the people on here. I just keep crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting should be about what makes us happy..and we shouldn't have a scale by skill..I make good gravy and biscuits..but I bet you make better ...lol..I love what you do Faye..keep it up!!

Being a Yankee (again..sigh lol) I can say that..but most Yanks don't know about gravy and biscuits..omg I had to learn and now I can't make a big breakfast with out making some..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    OOh, you can make me breakfast at the meeting. UMMM biscuits and gravy!!! yum yum