Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi & love from India.

Hi, This is the first time I am writing in, but I have been a silent admirer of this forum ever since I happened to come across it and joined promptly. Especially the way u all pitch in with ideas and encouragement is a delight. I am glad to be joining hands with u all amazing people.

My talented mother taught me to crochet when i was 9 or so, did some lace, and couple of things and stopped. When in college, crocheted some bags, purses with nylon yarn/ twine. Again there was a break and then knitted and tailored baby stuff for my 2 kids and for relatives & friends' kids. Also crocheted coaty for my 2 sons and knitted a raglon, v necked shirt for my husband with cotton yarn and many woolen sweaters for my boys. Again a gap of some years and then to welcome my grand kids. Now since 4- 5 years back to crotchet which I enjoy more. And I made more of woolen caps and sweater for poor kids in cooler places supported by a charity. Also for fund raising covers for mobile phones, more caps. But I don't have any photoes.
    Never thought it necessary but next on I will keep record to share with u all.

You all are so prolific and done, doing such a lot and it is such fun reading about it. Hence I did some down memory lane and wrote the above para.Ya, I am now 60 and have lovely 3 grand daughters.

I am glad to be part of such a vibrant and interesting group of lovely people.
    Ha, ha ! I seem to be making up for the silence earlier as this has tuned out to be a long note !
    Love & best wishes,
    Lalita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Lalita, and what a lovely name you have! This is a great group of people and fun to come here and see what's going on.

Glad you got back to crocheting again. I did that, too. I crocheted when my kids were small, and then took a break for quite a few years. Now I am a grandma also, and I'm having fun making things for my grandchildren.

Glad you posted and hope to get to know you better.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Glad you joined us. Your name is beautiful! Lawana

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forum! We are excited to have you here with us! Please make yourself at home and let us know if you are in need of anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! Happy you shared a little about yourself with us! I enjoy this site and the people. I think you will too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, Buggainok.

Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Welcome, Lalita, and what a lovely name you have! This is a great group of people and fun to come here and see what's going on.

Glad you got back to crocheting again. I did that, too. I crocheted when my kids were small, and then took a break for quite a few years. Now I am a grandma also, and I'm having fun making things for my grandchildren.

Glad you posted and hope to get to know you better.
    Thanks a lot, Buggainok. Glad to hear from u and get to know. Yes this is an amazing group. What have u been making?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalita View Post
    Thanks a lot, Buggainok. Glad to hear from u and get to know. Yes this is an amazing group. What have u been making?
    I just made a cute set of placemats and matching coasters for my daughter-in-laws birthday. They were simple to make, and turned out very nice. She was thrilled with them!

I've also been making crocheted headbands and little crocheted bracelets for some of my granddaughters. Our youngest daughter has 5 girls and 2 boys, so I am always making girlie things.

Currently I like to make things that are not too complicated and work up pretty quickly. I want my projects to look good, but I don't want to make myself crazy changing every other row. That's why the placemats were fun to make, just chain 42, and then half-double crochet across, back and forth until it measures 12 x 16. Very simple, but it looked really nice when done. I used a pretty teal blue color.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u, Magnolia. I too am glad to be a part of this lovely group. Incidentally, I am pleasantly surprised to find even my name liked by many of u!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lalita, welcome to the group. I am Jan. Glad you joined us. In regard to your name, it flows off the tongue and has a musical quality to it. Very pretty. A good many of us think of Crochet Talk as a second family and we hope you will also. If you have a question about anything, no matter what it is, there is always someone or several someones with an answer for you. If we don't know, we will try to find it for you. While you are here, have fun.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. It s nice to meet you Lalita! I am Larisa addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן