Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

trouble with coldwater creek sweater

grandmajenny, I've done the body on my coldwater creek jacket. I did have to add on 3 more rows for length. Now it refers to cut-away rows 1-3. I'm not sure about this term. Will these 3 rows cut away from the preceding row of stitches in the body. Then it says to rotate and work sc around front and neck edges. Can you enlighten me a little. I haven't given up, but it's taking me forever because I have so many grandchildren here all the time. But I will get it done. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the one on Caron's website? If so, it is difficult to follow; I had to do some interpolating to finish the garment. I think I've attached pictures of mine. Hope this works.
    Attached Images Attached Images trouble with coldwater creek sweater-img_20130426_152445-jpg trouble with coldwater creek sweater-img_20130426_152642-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really similar,but the bottom cuts away like a bolero. The directions for 2 xl kept referring back to med and small line directions with V's added. Grandma Jenny was good enough to disect the pattern and sent me the directions for 2XL. Now I'm ready to do the cut-away rows, and I've never seen that term in crochet. I think if I just follow the directions, it will cut away as I work on it. It is on Caron's website under lacy jacket I believe. It's way down in the free patterns, it's shown in turquoise. Thanks, Carol
    Last edited by caroltheteach; 06-14-2013 at 07:45 PM.