Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello to all

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all

Hi. I was a somewhat new crocheter and then was in a very bad accident. I am trying to regain mobility and small motor control so am taking up crochet. I have a huge library of books and a pretty big backlog of of magazines. So, encouragement and community would be most helpful! Lexi

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you joined this site! I enjoy the ideas, conversation and friendship here. Think you will too!. Will look forward to your posts. What are you working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lexi! I wish you good health! I am larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, welcome, healthy recovery and happy crocheting....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lexi: Glad to welcome you. I am 65, retired and have 4 grandchildren. I broke my hip in August 2012 and could not walk for a month. Then I used a walker for another two months. Crocheting has been my lifesaver! And I found Crochet Talk and everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Where do you live and what are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lexi,

Just take some time and you will get where you need to be. We are here to encourage you in any way that we can. Please let us know how you are doing and if you need anything in the process!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all

Thanks for all the encouragement! So appreciated!! One Dr. has upped my Cymbalta to 3 in the AM and that appears to be helping my hands so perhaps I will be able to do some crochet rather than just read about it. I also saw in the new Vogue Crochet magazine that there is a Simplicity brand accessory that adapts to most metal crochet hooks and gives an ergonomic hold. One of these works for your whole set of hooks. Has anyone used this item? I cut out my 40% coupon for Hobby Lobby each Sunday and, if my husband will be traveling past one, I ask him to get something for me from it or Jo-annes (if I have a coupon for something there - mostly magazines) Lawyers hardly ever retire so this enforced idleness is very frustrating. Our daughter is in her third year of med school and our son travels the world as a VP of Development for a Medical IT company so I don't forsee grandchildren very soon but I would like to develop a hope chest of quilts and things. Have any of you done that and what did you make?
    Lexi

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexi: I am so sorry you were hurt so badly. I did not ever make a hope chest for the grandbabies. I was working and we just helped buy furniture they needed. I did make some receiving blankets out of very soft flannel and a baby blanket for each per color schemes for their rooms! I know ladies make little sweaters, hats and booties to give. We traveled to NY and MN for a few years and then our daughter moved close to us. I am sure you have had lots of physical therapy etc to help your hands. Early spring 2013 I had some physical therapy after breaking my hip and she asked what my goal was and I told her I wanted to ride the motorcycle with hubby so she worked on general movements and strength as well as exercises to be able to ride again. And believe it or not, I have now gone with him twice on 2 hour rides! Hooray! I wish for speedy recovery for you! Thinking of you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings Lexi. I'm so sorry for your troubles, and I hope you find comfort in crochet and this site. Welcome!