Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm Anne's (Me2la's) daughter

Hey, I just wanted to come in and say hello to everyone. I made an introduction post but wasn't sure if everyone would see it. I love all the stuff I see and I'm learning how to crochet and i want to learn how to tat. I am an artist, I hand-paint T-shirts and hats but I also draw. I drew this penguin for my friend a while back. I will post more of my stuff when I finish it. I can't wait to get to know all of you. I am going to add links to my Facebook, Skype, Pinterest, and Grooveshark on my profile if anyone wants to add or follow me.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hi I'm Anne's (Me2la's) daughter-0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000for-caylala-jpg 

2. Likes GrammaJoe, Magnolia Blossom, dayco463 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI anne nice to meet you your penguin drawing is every good
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Avey,
    I want to learn to tat, too. I'm lots older than you & new stuff is.n't as easy for me. When you are ready, look on YouTube. There are several people doing tatting. Find one person that you feel you can understand & follow only their lessons. It will be easier for you to understand that way. They will use the same terms everytime. If you switched "teachers" they may call something by a different name & get you really confused.
    Glad you have joined us.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Youtube is the best teaching device for stuff like that. I want to learn how to do it with a needle opposed to a shuttle...I think it'd be easier for me. It's nice to meet both of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    See Avelyn, this is good. I want to learn with a shuttle. My mother had a favorite aunt she was very close to. She used a shuttle. Sweet Lawana has given me one of her shuttles & some edging her own darling mother made long ago. The edging is exquisite! I collect hankies, vintage/antique ones. Some have pretty crocheted edging, but my favorite, the most beautiful, are hose with delicate tatted edging. I have some blank, linen hankies that I am thinking of adding Lawana's gift edging. Only linen would be good enough. I can't decide. The tatting is more than enough for the hankie. I don't want to cut it. I may have to do some special extra mitering on the corners to make them fuller & use the whole piece of edging. I am studying it because it is so intricate, too.
    Hugs

7. Likes amanda, yarnoholic, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Glad you joined us. Will look forward to seeing your work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well! Well! Look who is here! So glad you joined us. I love your mother! Lots! It sounds like you are very talented. Would love to 'follow' you. I never could draw. My talent was in music. Welcome aboard! Hugs, Lawana

10. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    See Avelyn, this is good. I want to learn with a shuttle. My mother had a favorite aunt she was very close to. She used a shuttle. Sweet Lawana has given me one of her shuttles & some edging her own darling mother made long ago. The edging is exquisite! I collect hankies, vintage/antique ones. Some have pretty crocheted edging, but my favorite, the most beautiful, are hose with delicate tatted edging. I have some blank, linen hankies that I am thinking of adding Lawana's gift edging. Only linen would be good enough. I can't decide. The tatting is more than enough for the hankie. I don't want to cut it. I may have to do some special extra mitering on the corners to make them fuller & use the whole piece of edging. I am studying it because it is so intricate, too.
    Hugs

That's awesome. I've seen some things on Google Images I want to learn how to tat...Mostly jewelry. There are some pretty Victorian looking chokers I have seen that I would love to make. I can't wait to learn.

12. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Lawana and GrandmaJoe.

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be waiting to see your progress.
    Hugs