Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Meeting in Tennessee

Hi Ladies (& maybe some gents My first time meeting all of you.

I knit and crochet, but since I taught myself to crochet, I prefer it. I find it to be more fun and I like how fast I can get my projects done. I'm getting old and don't have all the time in the world left .

I live in Murfreesboro and am wondering where in TN is the meeting?

Will check back later and look forward to chatting with all of you.

2. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG hillbubba we could have been neighbors..I used to live in Kingsport..sorry now that I moved ..but anyway the meeting is in Pikeville..it is at Falls Creek Falls state park..I hope you join us it is gonna be so much fun. Oh and excuse me..I am Anne..and welcome to the group..I sort of get so excited at times lol. I guess it is just the Yankee in me..but don't hold that against me..I am a southerner at heart..lol I miss Tennessee very very much..but have to be right now where hubby and sons can find work..so I am back up north now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anne, So nice to hear from you. I neglected to tell everyone my name in my post. I'm Karen. I'm a transplanted Floridian from Tampa (born and raised). I lived in south FL for about 11 yrs, but didn't like it at all. When I remarried, this is where my husband was living and working so that's how I got to TN. A true culture shock. I am not a great crocheter. Taught myself the basics and have pretty much stuck to hats, scarves and afghans, etc. I try to learn new patterns and every once in a while will actually purchase a pattern, but pretty much stick to the wonderful free tutorials on You Tube. I wish I knew about them when I was trying to learn from a book I do sell on Ebay and have done pretty well. I've been selling for over ten years and my husband is so proud of me that it's all worth it. Started with a llittle beanie and a flower and as much as I've grown, this seems to continue to be my best seller. As they say, less is more. I look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks for responding. I'm also with a group called "yarn bashers"... We have lots of fun there as well. If you want to check it out you can find "Clare" on Bobwilson123. She does tutorials and began the group. She's from Australia, so we have friends from all over. Till later...... Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately I live in Europe and make European doilies LOL. So sad I cannot come but one lady is thinking to adopt me... may be then I can visit her
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Likes hillbubba, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The meeting is in Pikeville, TN. We are SE from you. I lived in Nashville for over 40 years and I grew up in McMinnville and now live in Spencer. We are having the meeting in Fall Creek Falls Park and we would love for you to plan to attend. If you want to learn more there are several messages under the community button on top of this page you will find groups and you click on the 2014 meeting and you can read what we have been talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Karen. I'm Lawana from E TX. Born and reared in Houston. After my husband of over 40 yrs passed away I met my future hubby and we both sold our homes and moved here. Way out in the country and love country living, but I'm sorry to say not the people in this little place. Anyway, glad you have joined us. Look forward to seeing more of you.

10. Likes hillbubba liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I will

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome to the forums! I'm from St. Petersburg, FL and we love it here. But St. Pete is a little different than Tampa. But you have to love the heat and humidity! So glad you found Crochet Talk! Please go check out our 2014 meeting we are going to have. The park sounds beautiful with lots of things to do and we are going to have a bunch of things to do to at our meeting. Sure would love to have you!

My mother taught me two stitches and I got a book and learned a whole bunch more. I love You Tube! I learned the crocodile stitch from You Tube. They made it look so easy. I don't know what I ever did before You Tube! LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

13. Likes hillbubba liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how to navigate yet. For whatever reason, this doesn't seem too user friendly to me, but probably cause I'm new to it. Please be patient with me while I learn. I'm very excited to hear about the meeting. It's very close to us and it sounds like something my husband would love to do as well. Not the crocheting LOL, but the fishing, etc. I'll check it alll out and get back with all of you. Thank you for the warm welcome. Long Live YOU TUBE! Right now I'm just posting "post quick reply" ...don't exactly know what "go advanced" means. I think I found all these posts accidentally. Don't think I know how I got here.