Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: I'm new here

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here

Hello everyone, I have been crocheting for a while (well probably consistently for six months). I (we, my sister and I) learned together while reading pattern books that my mom had around the house so we learned together.

9 years ago my husband was killed in Iraq and have been very lost with out him. I have two children, my son being 12 and a daughter being 24. Ever since that dreadful day I have been trying to find my purpose in life and through trial and error with various volunteer opportunities I have found helping the elderly my most rewarding.

When I was at my sisters for the weekend about six months ago I saw she had her crochet hooks and basket full of beautiful colored granny squares and it then hit me that I wanted to go back and do crocheting. I have made 4 queen size afghans and 2 twin size afghans within six months and I think they came out ok. I have been stuck in the double crochet mode for a while now and almost afraid to move past the basic stitches but in time I will take that leap and move on.

I have this wonderful feeling of relaxation while I crochet and it has comforted me in some of my worst moments, time in my life. I absolutely love giving my finished pieces of work to friends and family and enjoy seeing how much they love the blankets that I have made for them.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here as this is the first "crochet" site I have joined since getting back into the crochet craze.

Take care!

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group iluv2besilly2!! And I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. His, and yours, sacrifice is greatly appreciated. So happy that you have found a release for your sorrow, as well as a purpose in life thru volunteering and getting back to your roots with crocheting.
    But as moving beyond the basic stitch? I am a firm believer that if you know how to do those "basic stitches" that you can do anything! Because, pretty much most of those stitches is what you know, just a carried out a little different.
    But what ever you do, just have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Nice to meet you and have you here in the crochet forum! Thank you for joining us! Please make yourself at home here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Glad to be here

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome, howdie, and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Iluv2besilly2. so sorry for you loss you and your families sacrifice is truly appreciated. Crocheting seems to be a therapeutic craft to help us though some difficult times in life and God Bless you for your giving heart.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    i would like to know why all crochet ptterns use yatn?
    i crochet with crochet thread.

11. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet from #30 thread... or similar
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן