Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Details on Blocks for Meeting 2014 and sign up

Hello everyone..please let me know if you are going to do the friendship blocks for our 2014 meeting. Please post below so we all can have a list of everyone doing them and we can get a count on how many we need.

Blocks can be any color ..ACRYLIC yarn..but need to be 6 inches by 6 inches. They can be granny squares of any sort or just solid 6 x 6 blocks if you like. They also can be multi color blocks it you like. The whole idea is that when we swap them we will all end up with a friendship afghan. Now we will all need to put them together ourselves but when they are done, I am just asking that we all take a picture of the final result if possible. I am so excited about our meeting and also about doing this..I think it is going be a lot of fun..so HOOK away gals..get stitching..hugs Anne!

Please copy and paste the list and add your name to it. If you have a problem doing this..pm me and I will help you..kk I am sign up first on list..hugs Anne

Oh and Pam/yarnaholic point out to me..I want to add. The blocks you are making don't have to be the same..just as long as they are 6 x 6 and acrylic and there is one for each person..hope that clears it up..lol Thanks Pam!

I think that I need to add this..we are going to be using ACRYLIC Worsted Weight yarn..you will all have to forgive me for the late add on this one as I am not as experienced with weights and types of yarn. I would like to have all blocks done in the same wieght ..that is why we should all use worsted yarn..Thanks Lawana for your help.

I have a late suggestion ..now this is just a suggestion..Rose thought of it and I though it would be a good idea. If anyone knows the pattern to the block that they are making..could you write it down for us, or where you found it? I know this is a lot to copies so it is up to you if you would like to do it. Also Lawana/Maggnolia Blossom had a idea too..that we could use a tag or label on the blocks..in the corners..I would suggest though they go on the bottom side of the block..but again that is up to the individual creator of the block..as a option.
    Last edited by me2la; 06-12-2013 at 08:01 AM.

2. Likes yarnoholic, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Me2la/Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Me2la/Anne
    2. rosieh20/rose

Post Thanks / Like
    dayco463/Dolores

6. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Me2la/Anne
    2. rosieh20/rose
    3. dayco463/Dolores
    4. kayemory

8. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an idea- if you have any little tags-Crocheted By- sew one in a corner on the back of your square with your name on it.. You can make your own tag out of material and a fine tipped permanate marker.

10. Likes dickletn, me2la liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a good idea Lawana..we could do that if anyone wanted to..it is up to you all what ya want to do..

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Me2la/Anne
    2. rosieh20/rose
    3. dayco463/Dolores
    4. kayemory
    5. billieconrad/Billie

13. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know where the list is. Will you put me on it please?
    Pam

15. Likes me2la liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Me2la/Anne
    2. rosieh20/rose
    3. dayco463/Dolores
    4. kayemory
    5. billieconrad/Billie
    6. Pam/yarnaholic

17. Likes rosieh20 liked this post