Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with cowboy hat

Ok, having a bit of trouble with this pattern....I'm beginning to think something is wrong with the pattern.

Round 34: 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 24 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 24 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in last 2 sc. (62)

Round 35-40: Sc in each sc around. (62)

Round 41: Working in front loops only this round (sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) around, sc in last sc. (85)

At the end of round 40 I do have 62 sc, but at the end of round 41 I get 82. It's driving me nuts! I've ripped it out a dozen times thinking I missed a stitch. I'm thinking of just adding 3 more stitches hoping it wont mess up the hat.

I think last week or the week before I saw a post by someone else having some problems with this same pattern.

Thanks for helping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok found the pattern and figured out what was wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for letting us know...was it something with the pattern? Just curious...if so, please let us know the name of the pattern so others will know...please let us know if you need further assistance with anything else! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern is a free on on Ravelry, child's cowboy hat by Rain Morrison. Yes, the pattern did have a few issues. Round 41 needs 3 sc added to total (89) and Round 42 has a typo, should be (sc in next 20, 2 sc in next sc). Finally finished the hat, came out pretty cute.

Thanks for all your help, you guys are always to the rescue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you figured it out! Thanks for posting!