Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Dishcloths

Post Thanks / Like

Dishcloths

I tried this dishcloth in a pattern that I was unfamiliar with and I Dishcloths-img_0415-jpg think it turned out well. The Santa was a quick pattern and if someone wants to use it as a dishcloth I don't want to know about it. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is cute. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, to use either one of those as a dishcloth is a disgrace!!! Santa is perfect for a Christmas decoration and the other is a beautiful doily or coaster! You did a fabulous job!--Jan

4. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonderful job faye!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    See Jan, now that is what I think but some of the people on here actually use them. "shudder" I would never use them that way!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, Faye. My sister would use them as dishcloths. That's why when I make something like that, I tell her it is a doily or coaster so it doesn't end up in the dishwater. I just make plain and simple square ones for her. And, as you can see, great minds think alike!!--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Lordy, I hate to think that there are more like me on here. nicholasdaniel (Judy) and I are twins with different mothers and of course Landon is another twin and now you. The world may fall off its axis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye I cant believe any one would use either one of these for dishcloths. They are adorable and my antique table is wanting that white Doily and my one wall in kitchen I use foe Xmas items. Send them anytime haha. Did I miss where you got pattern from?? Adorable as you know. LUV them good job Susan M j

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, you caught me! The "doily" is from a pattern for a sachet that I bought. It called for thread but I have a love/hate relationship with thread so I used baby yarn and a D hook and it turned out about 9 inchs around. I think it will work as a doily because it is too light weight for a dishcloth. The santa is from www.bestfreecrochet.com It is easy and works up fast and the popcorn stitchs on it are made differently than others I have made. Ok, that address works and then enter santa dishcloth and it will take you to the pattern.
    Last edited by twinfaye; 06-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh I missed this one..but I agree 100 percent..I would NEVER use them ..they are beautiful and they would be on display only..too nice to be on my dirty dishes..no way!