Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie from South Africa

Hello everyone, my name is Hannet. I retired due to health issues and the age thing!
    What a delightful site, I'm so happy to have discovered you.
    The Woefkins-handle is part love of dogs (cats too) and my surname.
    I am a leftie but a right handed knit thrower and I crochet left handed. My mom taught me to knit at 4 and as another leftie, she said it makes life easier to knit right handed. My nan taught me how to crochet at 5 and just let me get on with it. I enjoy crocheting, knitting and many other crafty things.
    Any other South Africans on the forum? I am from Gordons Bay in the Cape.
    I love to see what beautiful work others have done and am looking forward to being a part of this group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! I don't remember anyone else from S Africa but you are very welcome. We love seeing pictures of your work. There are a lot of us that have physical problems so you will fit in just fine. We love dogs and cats!!

3. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! I am new too and I think this website is cool! Wow South Africa! I'd love to go visit there. I have been to Argentina. I live in the Uninted States though. I wanna live in South America lol. Welcome!

5. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hi, Happy to have you. You will enjoy this site. What are you crocheting or crafting now.
    My mother was an excellent seamstress, my grandmother taught me to embroider, I had to teach myself to knit and crochet. I tend to crochet a lot more then anything else.
    Well off to work on the baby blanket I am making for a expected g.grandaughter.

I live in U.S. Kansas
    Last edited by 17grand1+2; 05-30-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: words missing

7. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Big Welcome to You. You'll have alot of fun on this sight and make alot of wonderfull friends. If you see something that interest you, jump right in and join the chat. We would love to see some of your work. Are you working on anything special right now? I only crochet and I am from NW Ohio, USA
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

9. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hannet WELCOME do you drint coffee or tea?? Put a Pot on and I and many more crochet crazy gals will join me in a cup of?? and some sweet roll. Lets say Monday at 11:00 am , at that time Monday we;ll all say Welcome to Hannet CRAZY is my middle name. You are the first S. African Person Ive met . Im so excited to say I have a friend in Africa. Crochet, Knit, Embroidery, talent lady with a lovely Family. So glad you've come to join us. Click on to any form, or join a group its so wonderful to be on CT site. What is time difference, Im from Minnesota (Central Time). Im long winded . Night to you Susan M J

11. Likes justplainjudy, BarbySue, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa from Europe. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and a very big Welcome. I live in the big state of Texas in the USA. So glad you joined us. Make yourself at home.

15. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, what a wonderful idea to meet Monday for coffee or tea to welcome Woefkins. It gives her enough time to see this post to join in. I'll be here if my husband don't decide to stay longer at the lake or cabin. We're going away this weekend for our anniversery. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

17. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome from Florida USA. As far as I know you are our first from Africa. I love how our group is expanding to other countries! Yes, please let us know what you are working on we love to see pictures even if your work is only partially done. I agree we should all meet at 11:00 Central time for coffee/tea and a danish. We will have to find out what time it would be for everyone else. Let's do it!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

19. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post