Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Railway Knitting - free ebook and a fascinating article

Hello Everyone!

I get a newsletter from thecrochetcrowd. You may find it enjoyable to sign up too. There is an article about this woman in Canada who rides the train and teaches people to knit and crochet:

The Railway Knitter: Dela Wilkins - The Crochet Crowd

This is the link to the Railway Lady's extremely helpful and insightful ebook:

http://kbnfibres.ca/images/Railway%20knitting.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read her article and Mikey's. Thanks.
    Hugs, Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    This is fantastic! I love the references throughout..it helps me picture the stitch. I haven't knitted before, but I think I'll try this. It will make good conversation with my mom and sisters. Thanks for posting it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post! I really really should read my newsletters from them more often I think!!

Post Thanks / Like
    An interesting lady who writes a well researched and helpful article. I have it bookmarked for when I will need it in the future

Post Thanks / Like
    I have downloaded the e-book, but also bookmarked the PDF since I'm not familiar with how to read e-books. I used to do a lot of crocheting before I was married, and had children, but now my children have grown, my husband is gone, and I am disabled. I've been in need of something to keep me busy, and I've found a fascination with the tunisian crochet. I made my 1st attempt, and did just a 12" by 10" patch of the basic tunisian stitch. I need to know more information. I saw the video of Mikey from the Crochet Crowd suggesting to get this free e-book. he said it was extremely helpful for him when he was just learning. I figured that's exactly what I needed :-) thank you for posting. I just can't wait to read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My darling D. Jone, I am so happy to welcome you back to the world of crochet. I see you have been busy having a life full of love and heartaches and sending your children off to have full lives of their own. I started a long time ago and, wow, has the craft changed! Have you noticed how many more colors, yarns and patterns there are now? I am filled with admiration for your choice to come back to the craft with one of the most difficult and beautiful techniques: tunisian crochet. If you keep to making those 8"x10" pieces you will end up with one or two beautiful afghans or bedspreads.

If you read through some of the other posts, you will get lots of links to get more information. Also, an ebook is nothing more or less than a book that appears in digital form rather than one that is printed on paper. Clicking on the link or the page you saved should automatically open the book. If you find it does not work, you may need to make sure you have PDF and that it is updated. I am something of a computer geek so if you have any problems please let me know and I will do what I can to assist you.

I have found this particular site to be full of friendly, helpful, supportive, wonderful people. I want you to go and post a new thread in the "Introduce Yourself" forum - you are way too hidden here and I think you will be pleased to get a better welcome than just me rambling on.

So happy to meet you!

Barbe

11. Likes Lissacc liked this post