Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New Member

Hello, my name is Mary. It has been 30 years since I crocheted and have now picked it back up. I have lost all my patterns and am just wanting to meet crocheters and find some new things to crochet. I had surgery and was asking God why I had picked the needle back up to crochet and He told me this is my pain medicine. Starting to enjoy this new medicine.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Mary. I, too, took a long break from crochet. I made quite a few afghans when my kids were small, and then I went back to work and didn't crochet for years. Just a couple of years ago I got interested in it again. I literally had to start all over. I remembered how to wind the yarn around my hand and make a chain, but didn't remember even the basic stitches. I got on Youtube and brushed up, and haven't looked back.

I know you will have fun re-discovering this great hobby!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you from Oklahoma City?? I used to live in Bethany, Cashion, Guthrie and Crescent OK. I now live in Branson, MO. It surprised me that I could pick it up so easily. Thought I would have to train myself but it came so naturally. Glad about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mheird5604 View Post
    Are you from Oklahoma City?? I used to live in Bethany, Cashion, Guthrie and Crescent OK. I now live in Branson, MO. It surprised me that I could pick it up so easily. Thought I would have to train myself but it came so naturally. Glad about that.
    Oh my goodness. Yes, I live in Oklahoma City, and my family has been in Oklahoma for years and years. My grandparents lived in Crescent when I was a girl, and I went to the Crescent Highschool for a year when I lived with them.

My mother was born and raised in Guthrie, so I'm very familiar with that great little town. You would probably not know the town, if you haven't been there lately. It has almost merged with Oklahoma City. There are many new housing developments all along I-35 between Guthrie and Oklahoma City.

I live in far NW Oklahoma City, but drive through Bethany all the time on my way to places.

I've visited Branson, and I'll bet it is a lovely place to live.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes mheird5604 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary! I wish you good health. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to the group! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the welcome. I am thankful that I will find some great friends on this crochettalk page. God bless you all. ♥♥♥

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome Mary!
    They say laughter is the best medicine. Crochet and girlfriends are a close second!
    I love that there are so many free patterns on-line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forum and we hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day! It is a pleasure to meet you and please let us know if you need any help with anything!