Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Hit By Another RAOK Today!

Hey, Everybody,
    I was hit by another RAOK today! Not the 1st one from this Sweetie. She's sent me a pattern book on the Bullion Stitch a while ago when we weren't even doing RAOKs.
    I must admit I knew this was coming because she had emailed me about it & advised she was looking for proper box. What I didn't expect was exactly how generous & wonderful this gift she was sending would be.
    Lawana knows that I am dreaming of learning to tatt. So this darling has sent me a vintage tatting pattern book, a large shuttle that is no longer available that might help me to learn, & one of her dear mother's precious steel shuttles.
    But this is not all. In a sealed envelope inside this package, she has sacrificed & given to me 2 long pieces of tatted edging in different patterns that her dear sweet mother made long ago. Both pieces are large enough to edge a hankie & they are too beautiful.
    Lawana, I was with my own mother when I opened your package & we both almost cried. What a precious, special gift for you to bestow on me. I promise I will always cherish each piece in that box. What a special friend & a special LADY you are. God bless you, my sweet friend.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    How special!! So happy for you.

3. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so very welcome, Janie. It's getting to be time for me to find good homes for some of my 'treasures'. Hate to think what will happen to them someday. None of my family would even know what a tatting shuttle looks like. Enjoy them, My Friend.

5. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    You are so very welcome, Janie. It's getting to be time for me to find good homes for some of my 'treasures'. Hate to think what will happen to them someday. None of my family would even know what a tatting shuttle looks like. Enjoy them, My Friend.
    What an extraordinary person you are to share your mothers treasures. Glad to know that there are wonderful people such as you. God bless you, Crabtree

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..that was very nice of Lawana..she is a very special lady and I know I love her dearly! I am trying to get my darling daughter to tat..she wants to learn and we are waiting to go to AC moores next month to pick up supplies to help her out. I just was looking at Avelyns pintrest..she is pinning tatting lace stuff..some beautiful things..I really think she will do this..she wants to use a tattng needle first..I tried to talk her into a tatting shuddle but she said she will try that later on. I wish I had one of my grandmothers shuddles..I would probably try it..but doubt if I could do it..it is hard for me to see fine work ..but I may give it a whirl one day.

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anne,
    Be careful when you are looking for shuttles. I found some at JoAnns but they were plastic & did not have a bobbin. While I have never tatted, people who I know who have, use a shuttle with a bobbin. They say it is easier to use & control. I do not know how well I will be able to see to tat myself. My glasses are no-line trifocals. They are pretty strong. I have been wearing glasses or contacts since the 5th grade. That is the biggest part of my life. My eyes seem to get weaker every year. All I can do is try my best.
    Hugs, Jane

9. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lawana is an angel and so generous!! See how much you are loved Jane? I am so glad we started the EAOK and Lawana is doing more than we asked. People on here are soooo generous. I love this site!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'all just gave me goose bumps! I'm so happy for both of you! I'm sending you both a big ol hug ((( Jane and Lawana)))
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

12. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    Ya'all just gave me goose bumps! I'm so happy for both of you! I'm sending you both a big ol hug ((( Jane and Lawana)))
    I caught that hug, Barbie, and BOY! It was a good one. Thanks, Babe!

14. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by me2la View Post
    Wow..that was very nice of Lawana..she is a very special lady and I know I love her dearly! I am trying to get my darling daughter to tat..she wants to learn and we are waiting to go to AC moores next month to pick up supplies to help her out. I just was looking at Avelyns pintrest..she is pinning tatting lace stuff..some beautiful things..I really think she will do this..she wants to use a tattng needle first..I tried to talk her into a tatting shuddle but she said she will try that later on. I wish I had one of my grandmothers shuddles..I would probably try it..but doubt if I could do it..it is hard for me to see fine work ..but I may give it a whirl one day.
    This made me smile- the eye sight part- Am crocheting eyes for an owl and of course the pupils are black with white around them- I can't see the stitches in the black. Am gonna have to go outside and don't wanna! It's hot out there. LOL

16. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post