Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PDF files

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

PDF files

Do any of you have the "Pdf files, download now" come up on your computer? It seems like its on almost every site I go onto, including this one. Well, I downloaded it the other day, trying to avoid the advertising on patterns that I copy, and save on my color ink. I got more than that, I got a virus. Needless to say, a lot of other things downloaded also. I had a friend delete a lot of it, but some is inbeded and I need to take the computer in to get fixed completely. Just wanted to let you all know and try to stop this problem from spreading. Its so mean for people to do this, its another $98.00 that I surely cannot afford, Social Security doesn't give that much. Just thinking about how much yarn I could buy with that instead makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach. Just thought I'd pass it on. Happy crocheting.

2. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Where was this from, so other won't go there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded it a while ago and I haven't had a problem to my knowledge. Sorry that it happened to you though. I am very aware that $98 is a lot from SS that is my electric bill and my water bill. I think of everything as a bill. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Ive had a virus and all most to the point of loosing my computer, I have no one to help so I had $179 work done on it and
    its good for a Year. I know I should have checked BUT why & where do I go to??? Sick in my gut as if I was slugged. Just the other day & then to tell my Hubby (Larry) Oh God I prayed. I will pay for it but had to charge & we dont pay interest, Pay Bill when received. Im alive & cant let that get me down. I have a hubby, CT friends and Cooper is Home *amanda's grandson. A Small Book hehehaha Love you all Susan M J

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cybarra Im so sorry this has happened to you. I was a dumbell & did fix mine Probably not the right decision BUT its done & my Tummy is feeling a little better. I did'nt feel like eating for a few days. Hope you get things done OK. I lost a lot of files because I dont have my printer connected. Print patterns are better I guess?? Some one said oh just bookmark them, put in files that ok?? I listened / dumbsenior. CT pal Susan M J GOOD LUCK

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine out of shop. That little thing that comes across the bottom and says 'just secure content shown- well I clicked 'allow once' a few times and got a Trojan -sp?- some viruses and some 'spy' something or other. $75.00 but feel safe now and it's a lot faster. I downloaded one of those 'download' things but I think it's o k. To save on ink when you print- when your printer comes on sreen- type in the pages area 2-3 and it will usually leave off all that junk thats at the top of the page. You can always go back and print pg 1 if needed.

10. Likes justplainjudy, cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I try to download a PDF or Ebooks I get a pop up that says these files may damage your computer.. Why do all these sites, even the patterns you buy, are in these formats. It is so frustrating, buying a pattern then can't download it.. Crocheting and knitting patterns are the only thing that comes in that format.

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I get these pop ups that says it can damage your computer also, it was just a senior moment I will never forget!!!!!!! My computer is working ok, but not sure if the virus is imbeded or not. I don't know much about computers, sometimes afraid to try something to see if it works, still don't know how to cut an paste. Thats why I can't post pictures, might get that figured out this week end when grandson comes over.
    GrammaJoe I don't remember what pattern I was trying to print out, I know a lot of the patterns are already in PDF mode when i go to print preview so I can pick the parts of the pattern that I want. It was a free PDF download so you can file your information. I find the advertising all over, and they may not all be the same, with my luck i just found the wrong one lol. So sorry I can't give more info, I was so upset I couldn't think straight at the time. I was really angry with myself!! Just everyone, please be careful.

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I got my new laptop, it did not have Microsoft Works on it. When I checked it out at Wal-Mart, they want $189 for it. One of the salesman, who is also a tech, recommended OpenOffice.com and said it was FREE. I downloaded it and have had no problem with it. It has a program built into it to convert files to PDF. I have converted all my saved patterns in PDF form and I love it. Also, my patterns have been put onto an 8GB flash drive as well as onto a micro disc. That way, I do not have to have my computer connected to the internet if I want to see a pattern. Also with the micro disc, I can put it into my ebook and read my patterns thru the Document section. Gotta love technology!!. As well as HATE the back end of a mule who attaches those spyware, adware, Trojans and viruses to things they know people will want to download. They need to be sent to 3rd world countries and made to help lay water pipes as well as put in electrical lines to those villages who have nothing. And not be allowed NEAR a computer for at least 5 years!!!! NOW, I'll get off my soapbox.--Jan

16. Likes N/A, cybarra, MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jan I just hope my deal is OK Its hard when no one cand advise you I put my trust into?? We'll see. According to what I heard You should'nt keep so many on files?? Wish me luck? Jan next time I will ask you haha. Susan M j