Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea for yarn storage

I would love to try this! I found it here: Vertical Yarn Storage | AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com

Great idea for yarn storage-vertical-yarn-storage-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice - thanks for sharing!

3. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ready & accessible your yarn will be!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

5. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you attach the yarn to the pegboard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    How do you attach the yarn to the pegboard?
    My guess is that you would use those little wooden pegs, and probably have to get various lengths - dowels - I think that's what they are called. I'll probably Never do it - but it's something to think about...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it looks good but most of my yarn is in skeins and I would have to wind all of them. Which might take a week or two. lol I would love to have mine that neat though.

9. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOOOOVE this idea!!! I have enough yarn to open my own shop (people just seem to give me all their unused yarn knowing sometime it will all be used). I developed my own wall of cubicles into which fit canvas baskets (15 cubbies in all). I put like-colored yarn in each basket (baskets are black) and then turn some of them sideways for color ( a little Mondrian-ish). The display always changes, but because everything is in baskets (covers most of one wall in my office-den-craft area) it is easy to turn them as I want.

I also like the idea of the pegboard on the back of the door. I have a lonely piece of strong pegboard that is looking for a job...the back of the door is perfect for a number of crafty things.

11. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    bestgammy - I would Love to see a picture of your baskets - sounds awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your Ideas. Till I had to move them. When I got here, it was all in boxes and I had shelves in one of the cupboards. So I just took the skeins, stood them on end in the boxes, then stacked the boxes on top of each other with the boxes laying on their sides. The tops of the skeins point out so I can see the colors. When my daughter and grand daughter want a different color yarn they always come to see grandma first. I slipped a set of trays that I keep odds and ins in for some stability in between the boxes . Now that the yarns are coming in such bright variegated colors it is really makes a bright wall.
    My problem now is the baby warn. So much of that comes in the little 3.5 oz skeins So I still have them thrown in a big box.