Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Post Thanks / Like

My mother's day thank you.

I recently crocheted Captain Jack the Pirate (Johnny Depp) for my 42 yr. old son who loves the Pirates of the Carribean Movies. It took me several weeks to complete, and I had it on his bed when he came home from a very bad day of teaching at an innercity school. He was breathless when he saw it. It made his day. Well on Mother's Day, he'd found my old scrap of paper where I'd written down all the different colors, and materials I needed. He mounted that little piece of paper at the top with a picture of Capt. Jack finished at the bottom, with these words, "Only a mother's love can turn this... into this.... Needless to say I bawled like a baby. I was so touched to know that he was that touched to receive my gift of love. caroltheteach

Post Thanks / Like
    How touching. That note sounds like a keepsake. I would probably frame it and put it on my bedroom wall.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to be appreciated! I would be very touched too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made one a while ago from a Sherri Crochets & Crafts pattern. Did you use that pattern? I was pleased with how it came out too. Mine was for a young grandson and is probably thrown in a toy box now! Just saying! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    How wonderful!!! It's always great when children are appreciative of the things their parents do for them. That is truly a keeper!--Jan

Post Thanks / Like

my mother's day thank you

I have it in a super large frame hanging in my bedroom. The pattern was called "The Dread Pirate Sam" designed by Amy J. Shimel. I got it from the Crochet Me website. He's about 12" high. My son keeps him in his car. caroltheteach

7. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post