Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Yarn ends - How do you sew them in neatly

Hi there

My name is Mary-Frances and I have been crocheting for years however, I never actually learned how to properly sew in my yarn ends. I usually use a darning needle and sew them through the finished product itself.

Is there a better/proper way that anyone can show or tell me. I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    first, howdie and welcome; second, that's a great question we all have and always looking for a better way to deal w/ our ends; From this forum I learned about the Russian join. Just type it in search and a lot of post will come up...hope this helps, happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Russian Join every since I learn how to do it and I love it. No more weaving in the ends and tieing off knots and then trying to hide the knots in your work. There are several videos on You Tube on the russian join to show you how to do it. It is easy to do just watch the video and you will get the hang of it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started using the Russian join when adding yarn too. For the beginning tail I just add it into the chain or whatever stitch I'm doing when I get to the second row near it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean the very end of your piece? I use a tapestry needle and weave them into several stitches then I cut the leftover yarn off. I am lousy at doing this, I would bet that there are oodles of tutorials on YouTube on exactly this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies for your replies. I will definitely look into the Russian join way of doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the end pieces, I weave in and out a few spaces, then weave in and out back in the same stitches. Happy crocheting, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the easiest way I've found to change yarn, either add another color at the end of a row, or change in the middle of a row if you run out. You crochet over both strands of yarn, and thus, you have no ends to weave in when you are through:

Here is a great video showing how to do it:

Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama